Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Keith Morris

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here----Deborah,
Consider this for your jam making--=--
When to Sow Rosella Seeds:

Rosella is a warm season crop. Use the table below to identify the best time of year to sow rosella seeds in your climate. Note: Rosella plants need warm soil to germinate and a growing season of at least 6 months of warm weather to produce fruit. Gardeners in cool climates need to start seeds indoors; using a heat mat to boost soil temperature can be beneficial.
The seeds are available from www.the Seed Collection.com.au
35 seeds for $1.25 and they will post the seeds. Google and check out the time for germination/planting/growing/harvest/jam making info on their website.
It would be an interesting "project".
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

Tomorrow, 16th MAY was the date of Bob Hawk dying at age 87 years.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, hope the computer is not too befuddled mate. Welcome home xxxx

Thanks for that information Keith. It looks interesting and I will research it before I next get the urge to make jam.
Luckily, the jam is pretty good, not too runny and not too thick. I was really winging it,when cooking and trying to remember the old measurements etc.

Very quiet lair today. The afternoon was spent at a progress meeting. We are still working on getting our history walk up and running. Some of the history that we want top write up is proving difficult to get a hold of. The aboriginal people (Awabakals) who had relatives roaming our town, fishing the point and holding ceremonies up on the hill, are proving difficult to get information from. They are not answering phones or emails and the annoying thing is that we want them to help us write some truths about their history and not make up stuff. If they don't give the final ok for the wording on the plaque, we wont be allowed to install anything. Just another way to slow our project down.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

dream4red wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 1:31 am Dot, hope the computer is not too befuddled mate. Welcome home xxxx

Thanks for that information Keith. It looks interesting and I will research it before I next get the urge to make jam.
Luckily, the jam is pretty good, not too runny and not too thick. I was really winging it,when cooking and trying to remember the old measurements etc.

Very quiet lair today. The afternoon was spent at a progress meeting. We are still working on getting our history walk up and running. Some of the history that we want top write up is proving difficult to get a hold of. The aboriginal people (Awabakals) who had relatives roaming our town, fishing the point and holding ceremonies up on the hill, are proving difficult to get information from. They are not answering phones or emails and the annoying thing is that we want them to help us write some truths about their history and not make up stuff. If they don't give the final ok for the wording on the plaque, we wont be allowed to install anything. Just another way to slow our project down.

nighty night xxx
Without being political this is just a tiny little taste of what we will get if the "Voice" gets into power.
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you need to give that computer a kick up the xxxxx. Would love to come down there and do it for you xxxx

Thanks Ron, totally agree. Not being political at all, this is a democracy and we are all entitled to own our opinions. :)

Took his lordship to the audiologist and it used up much of the day. It's over an hour each way and then an hour for the appointment. He did gain more knowledge about using his aide and another app added to is ipad, so he is back to fiddling with his new toy.

Nothing much else here, so night all xxx
Deborah

dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Still being locked out Dotty? Miss you xxxx

Happy travels Keith xxx

Had a slow start to the day. After we found his caravan keys , had a cuppa and met the posty on his rounds, it was good to have waited to meet the posty, so parcels will be held until we return. That's always good.

We had an uneventful trip to Nelson Bay (thankfully). Then it got interesting. As we were looking at a very damp site with poor access, the lovely tractor man arrived and put the van on site. His lordship made it clear that he didn't really want to stay in the middle of a lake. He asked if the slightly higher site next to us was free and could we be put there instead? After a long wait for the office to answer, our wish was granted and our van was put on the next site. Happy us.

Once we started to set up, one of the members came along and stated that we had ruined his plans. He had asked for the newer site to be left vacant so that we cold have happy hours there with a firepit. He is still unhappy that we are here, but as it is still raining lions and dingoes, the other site was not for us. He isn't even an official of the club, just a busy body who likes to take charge.

They can still use the site that we were originally on for happy hours, so what's the problem? The weather says it will fine up mid afternoon tomorrow, so they will be ok for drinkies and at the moment, we are still able to go out of our door without sinking in a lake. Politics rarely get called out in this group so it will be interesting to hear how bad we have been.

sweet dreams xxx
Deborah

Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

For Helen and Bernie, a pair of Brolgas wandering the newish caravan park Muddy Duck just outside of Longreach, opposite Apex Park on the Thomsen River.
IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0893.jpeg
Very tame. Just gurgling as they do.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Dot

Post by Dot »

Surprise!!! I am Back or should I say the computer is back and working. Looks like things have been happening . Mongrels stealing peoples hard worked for things. Hope thecops get the mongrels Shirley. We had a great time at Taggerty, bloody freezing but the fire was beautiful and the company pretty good as well. Did the slow crawl home and all good weather in the day but the nights were still cool, best thing we have done is get a cheap diesel heater, well worth the couple of hundred $$ spent. Bus travelled very well, learnt a new truckie word, going off about a car speeding up and down but his mate was also a naughty by staying in the overtaking lane blocking the said naughty car but the truck himself was also over the double lines... Ever since we got home we have been to the city every day to see the medical men with more next week and beyond. Gman had a thing cut out of his forehead (no not the unicorn's horn) :lol: I am voting NO to the voice thing. Riverlander we are so happy Faye has passed all the tests once again. We both had our spike and dyke hair cuts today and oh boy did we need them. Brian was a real champ at Taggerty, he was waiting for the wombats to make themselves known but they must have seen him at their doors and decided to give him a miss, Got the computer back this evening so far so good. I went to the dental clinic today and as suspected I need a filling so that's one thing I didn't really want to hear but I will be brave and not cry. I hope everyone on the sick list are all improving. HTFFBO is also having anasty time with back pain so hoping she comes right soon. Happy to see the Boys on Bikes are back for my entertainment. Update on the roof rip off man, the sheriff tried to serve the bast--- but had moved and so he rang the guy and as expected NO REPLY but I never give in to these bums just another type of thief. Hope Tanks has had a good trip over to the west and he has a good sleep tonight. So Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Tanks sleep tight x :D PS didn't realize the colour was red Oh well never mind xx
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Hi Dot, glad you're back. What's with the red? Are you p'eed off at some knob? Or is that your colour now?
Taggerty was pretty good, wasn't it. Bugger all rain, but a tad cool. Unfortunately a few of the regulars couldn't make it. Maybe next year. :D
Last edited by supersparky on Sat May 20, 2023 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Swisslulu wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 8:15 pm For Helen and Bernie, a pair of Brolgas wandering the newish caravan park Muddy Duck just outside of Longreach, opposite Apex Park on the Thomsen River. IMG_0889.jpegIMG_0893.jpeg
Very tame. Just gurgling as they do.
Thanks Lesley.