Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Dot »

went to the beach.jpg
It was so hot today I just had to get some relief so met up with my friend for a paddle. No ironing done today, in fact nothing was done today. Tomorrow will be the same Put the sprinklers on tonight, all the plants are puffing and panting. Deborah Luke Platt came in 10th yesterday, last section tonight and it is very steep and winding roads. Already a big crash and 2 out with 70ks to go. Anyway time to sit back and watch the last of the race. Take care in the heat. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight 2ft 6 aka Peter x :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Hope you enjoyed the paddle Dot. :lol: :lol:

Have you looked at marine hatches Dot ? you may be able to find the size needed. :?
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Shirley wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:21 am Hope you enjoyed the paddle Dot. :lol: :lol:

Have you looked at marine hatches Dot ? you may be able to find the size needed. :?
Thanks Shirley well worth a try, Last night I could not sleep at all, watched Carry on Teacher and finally went to bed at 4am but awake again at 0830am, outside watering everything, when it got too hot I came inside and put 3 loads of washing on then stewed up a big pot of pears, plumbs, and apples, I need another freezer. Gave the peelings to the guys out the back for their chooks and then we get a text saying there were some more plumbs for us. Yummo. Then it was AJ appointment time for me and a chat afterwards. Her new extractor fan is no good to put in as the pull out part has to be 600mm above the stove top, she could put it in but if any accident like fire, insurance would not cover her. We are off to Flinders hosp tomorrow for G'mans hooking up to some monitor for 24hrs then back there again on Wed to get disconnected. Hoping this will find the answer to his coughing and reflux Got a laugh out of Brian this morning, he was being picky about where he wanted to poop, he dug a 6" hole then jumped to another spot, same again, dig, jump then once again before he found the right spot. After he had well and truly covered his donation, he ran like a rocket around the yard. Slept the rest of the day :D It was nice to see him so alert if only for a minute or so. No ironing done today Bernie, I save stuff Maybe up for months sometimes hoping it will disappear but it never does. Maybe the weekend. hmm maybe not. Off to have a peep on ebay for that hatch, thanks Shirley get into those bowls when you can. Deborah, hope you had a frenzied rush of good sales. Goodnight everyone x Goodnight Jd x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope the paddle was cooling Dot. Hope Gman gets some useful answers. More great comments for the blobs, they are drawing people to the tables. People are really curious about them. xxxx

Blobs or not, Sunday saw us sell one plate and nothing else. I suspect this is a sign of the current economic climate. My stuff is luxury items and it's more important that people have food and somewhere safe to live. As long as we have a good excuse to get away in the van and make a few dollars, I am still happy to be on the road again.

Stay cool you lot. We have needed the electric blanket a few nights now. It's been down to single digits and really feeling the chill.

We into town on an op shop mission, only to find them all closed. One was under renovations and the others were closed early due to lack of staff. No money spent on recycled goods then.

Will be off up the road to Armidale tomorrow. The showgrounds has space, so we will be happy to set up there for the rest of the week.

Stay cool, night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It looks like our regular night owls have posted early tonight.
It was a wet and windy day today, not that I saw much of it from the inside of a factory. But it will serve me as a means to an end. I hope all those with medical issues can get back to good health and have a bit of a laugh.
Safe travels all those out and about. Stay out of the sun if you can.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hope the return trips to Flinders are good ones Dot. xxxx

We had one of those starts to put you off caravanning. Awning didn't want to co-operate and roll up and the the truck didn't want to attach to the fancy tow ball thingy. The grass was very undulating and rocky, so the truck just was not happy with the reversing to order. Eventually, we got back on the road again. Made it to Armidale for a late lunch. We paid for a week in the showgrounds, put the van and truck on site, then stopped for lunch. After lunch we did the proper set up routine and had a quiet afternoon.

The showgrounds has a horsie event coming in on next Tuesday, so we have to gone by 10 am.. . Feels like a caravan park. If we have issues like we did today, that 10 am may be difficult. Normally, that is no real problem.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

If you pay for a day ie 24hrs that should mean 24hrs , caravan parks should make check in 10am and checkout 10am the next day that is a complete day, well it used to be. :D Today was much nicer today not as hot as it was supposed to be . G headed off to the hosp at 10am, got home at 4pm all hooked up. Then around 11pm he gets ready for bed and he comes out to show me his ------ rash :lol: it was around the top of his legs (all around) near his armpits, and some on his arms nothing near his neck. Can;t be any different food / drink as he had nothing but the drink things they gave him at the hospital. Was told not to have a shower so thats not it. I rang the number he was given if needed after hrs but no answer so rang hosp they got me through to the woman, had a chat to her and she was unable to has at a guess so told me to ring Health Direct, :lol: :lol: They were having trouble with their phones so no help there Tang and told the lady and said if the rash got worse of if G had trouble breathing I would call the ambulance.. So G off to bed and back to hosp tomorrow. Real estate friend coming here on Sunday to plan the attack for the block sale. Take care and goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Riverlander x :D
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hi Dot sounds like Mr G had a reaction to something on the device trust he is better this morning.

Arrived home late Monday no real problems, now for the joy of unloading and cleaning before the next adventure.

Take care cheers Robert.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

dream4red wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:27 pm Hope the return trips to Flinders are good ones Dot. xxxx

We had one of those starts to put you off caravanning. Awning didn't want to co-operate and roll up and the the truck didn't want to attach to the fancy tow ball thingy. The grass was very undulating and rocky, so the truck just was not happy with the reversing to order. Eventually, we got back on the road again. Made it to Armidale for a late lunch. We paid for a week in the showgrounds, put the van and truck on site, then stopped for lunch. After lunch we did the proper set up routine and had a quiet afternoon.

The showgrounds has a horsie event coming in on next Tuesday, so we have to gone by 10 am.. . Feels like a caravan park. If we have issues like we did today, that 10 am may be difficult. Normally, that is no real problem.

nighty night xxx
And what are they going to do if you can't get it hooked up to drive out ... supply some horse power maybe :lol: If it all turns pear shaped, they will just work around you, people who use showgrounds have to know how to adapt, nothing always goes to plan for them either ....

Hope George gets a satisfactory outcome from the testing gear. From my past exploits in my youth, a rash or swollen lips or the sweats is just the body saying it feels invaded and wants it to go away. My first one was the swollen lips, I looked like one of those strange looking women on the "Botched" TV show, but it wasn't the fashion back then, the next time it was the rash, the next time it was the sweats, it was trying all the tricks it thought might work :lol: After three different occasions and three different attempts the body tried to get me to remove the offending items, the next was random itchy spots so I couldn't sleep or even relax ..... that one did the trick, all the sticky tabs and wires came off after a few hrs of that crap :twisted: The body seemed to learn from that one, now I can't have any sort of sticky stuff on my skin for more than 30 mins, the skin starts to peel off leaving blood leaking from the site, a band-aid can turn a cut into a real messy site after an hr or so :shock:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Evening Dot. Been a bit hot up here but at least I don't have to be out in it now. This medical stuff keeps us all busy as we get older. What with dental and doctor our calendar has marks on it nearly every week. Got a couple of those wriggly sticks in the garden and by the size of them there could be more around. Always carry a good wacker with me now in case I spot another one. Be glad when it cools down a bit so we can have a few days away in the van. Cheers John and Faye ( and Miss Evie)