Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you sound like you are firing on all cylinders now. Hope it stays that way mate xxxx

Shirley, I do hope that you are back you being a bright spark soon. I must admit that last year, covid did knock us about. It took a good 6 weeks before I started getting my energy back. Hoping you don't have that long a wait. The lambchopssox seem to still have a band on top, but as they are bamboo, I think they would stretch and loosen fairly quickly. Sorry, I can't be sure, I don't wear sox ever. I live in crocs (no laces to do or sox to fit over arthritic feet) or Australian uggs inside for winter (never in public tho) xx

Our chemist gave me a booking for our next covid shots, but he closest date is in mid June. Today, I rang the other chemist across the lake, in Wyee, where we had all the rest done. He said, just come on over anytime, we don't do appointments now. We finished lunch and went to visit him. Shots done, no drama, so we wandered across the road to the foodworks and did a little bit of shopping. At the checkouts, lovely checkout chick gave us a catalogue and told us how to enter the competition. Weekly winners get a hundred dollar voucher and main prize is groceries for the year. Fair enough. I sold my soul and gave all our information to their advertising agents, but entered anyway. Tonight I opened up the emails to discover that I have won a hundred dollar credit. How good is that? I can use that to buy some nice meat from over there, so all is looking very positive.

After talking glass yesterday, I felt it's probably time to get back to it. So I spent a few hours in the shed, recreating some pendants that got broken on the rough roads (bloody road works) on our last big trip. I will try to get down there tomorrow to fill up the kiln with jewellery to get it fired up soon.

night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

2foot6 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:40 pm Hmmm, camel toes, I ain't touching that one :D
Be interesting to see a photo of the socks though. Might be like mittens. :roll:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to read that you came back ok Dotty. xxxx

Today was a quiet lair day. I think we are both having some reactions to the covid shots, so just slowed us down a bit.

I spent some time in my shed and now have two shelves filled with creations, so they are firing away as I speak.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

yeah I came through with flying colours but I am still farting away not sure weather I should trust them or not just yet, the sphincter worked over time this morning as I sussed out the bushes on the side of the road and on the way home. :lol: Deborah remember pics of the new creations. I am going to head off to bed now and come what may. George made me laugh as we were heading out the door this morning, he had put into my bag a clean pair of nickers and a pr of track pants along with some baby wipes, JUST INCASE.. :lol: Watched the tennis tonight and oh boy did the ozzie lad do a great job winning over 5 sets.?Think I shall take the risk and head to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Lesley & Erich x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Off to bed soon still really tired so Goodnight every one x :D HTFFBO had steroid jabs in her sore back so she is happy Goodnight Helen x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Good to hear Helen is having some better luck. Thanks for sharing Dot xxxx

Not ready for pics yet, but some of the jewellery pieces I am happy with and some I think are just crap. Have to do a clean up scrub on the edges and glue on some bales and brooch fittings, before they are fit for display. I spent a lot of time cutting and making a pair of splat bowls. Just like it sounds, the bowl look like a splat of something liquid you may have thrown on the floor. The red one has some very bright orangy bits added and the blue one is more sedate with just blue flowers added for fun. It often takes a couple of firings at high temp to get them to look just right. So tomorrow, it may be more fusing to get them good or bending them into a bowl to slump them. Tomorrow, will tell.

On our last trip, we had a lot of problems with the tv, so bought another one on the way home, from jayco. Finally, today was the day that he tried it out. We normally get good reception at home, in the van, but this is better than good. We both were very happy with the clarity of the picture and the extra number of channels that it managed to find. When we bought the tv, jayco lady told us to take it down and wrap it in a blanket whenever travelling. What do the tv owning members do with theirs? Clamp it or wrap it?

night all xxx
Deborah

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Deb I have always removed the TV and put it somewhere safe for travel.
But this new...to me... motorhome has the telly firmly bolted and would be a pain to remove. So I will see if it becomes a problem over time...It is earmarked for another position a bit further down the track. It may then become removable :?:
Bernie.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Morning all very chillie here at the moment, town is quite but friendly people.

Deborah what brand and size tv, we put ours on the bed screen down.

Refilling water tanks today to check for any other leaks, cooked a couple of pizza’s on the Baby Q last night, very nice indeed. Cheers Robert
IMG_0693.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Today I had the steroid jab directly into the plantar Fascia. Ouch for 2 seconds then ok. This is the last thing to try before deciding to go for the keyhole surgery which involves release of the tight ligament and release of pressure on the nearby nerves. The final results are inconsistent that's why done as the last resort, but the pain as is now is worth the risk. Hope everyone on the crap sick list are improving so keep warm and safe on those roads. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Macca x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Ouch Dot, hope the steroids help xxxx

Robert, as I have the receipt here waiting to be photocopied, I can give you all the gen. It is an axis 12/24volt DVD/TV. I think it's 21inch, but it's whatever the smallest size is, at Jayco . Cost $303.80 Time will tell if it was worth the money or not.

It was a lovely cold, sunny day at the lair. I did the kiln thing and found the splats didn't have as much depth in them as I planned. I added some small piles of different coloured glass and put them back to fire again tonight. Hopefully tomorrow, will see them getting turn into bowl shapes.

Photos when I am happy with them Dot :lol:

night all xxx
Deborah