Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
RobertNotBob

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by RobertNotBob »

Hi Dot remember that 40% of men are colour blind on Red, Green and Brown including me and your little speech was a bit of a blur.

Glad you are home safe and sound, will miss Helen as she is in Brisbane heading to Blackbutt. Cheers Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

David, I didn't realize the red writing until I posted and was too knackered to change it. Glad to hear from Tanks this arvo via texts to tell me our Bombers beat the Tigers by 1 point, OMG what a nail biter that game was. Had a chat to HTFFBO today always happy but her back pain is giving her jip hoping the Dr gets her to some relief. All washing done and dried and put away. Later today we are peeling granny Smith apples for freezing. ho hum. Brian had the vet again for his consistent snuffle, all was fine until he had the thermometer up his Coit :lol: :lol: :lol: he clamped his bum so tight they couldn't get a correct temp . that's my boy, he has been taught right. That is his outie not an innie :lol: So he is back on A/B's for another week. Talking about bums, the new gastroenterologist I saw has me booked for the old upyu bum thing at the end of the month so looking forward to this again NOT. As long as Nigel keeps away :lol: Time for bed so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight WayneP x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Boys on bikes is not as good this time, a lot of the "big boys" are not competing in this Italian race but will be in the Tour de France. Have to be up at sparrow's fart tomorrow to be in the city by 0845 to see the foot man. Had the wood heater going today got the wood from the tip :D I made a chicken curry with rice tonight, I managed a few spoon fulls but then the throat said NO more so I had apple pie and custard. yummo. Getting the fruit trees slowly pruned. hoping for bigger fruit next year. Hoping everyone is doing ok with this nasty cold weather. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bobr x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
bob r

Post by bob r »

Nite Dot morning Dot

Bob
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Night Dot dam cold up here as well take care Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

Got home before lunch time today and my nanna nap turned into a full blown sleep so nothing done by me today. G had a call from the DR that did his "spot" on his forehead with the news "All Good" :D Little car off for a service and the bus for batteries to be checked and ?? wheel rotation? Q/ what do you boys say when wheel rotations should be done. (lots of pot holes hit on those Vic roads) Still so tired so saying goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Peter & Sandra x :D What have you been up to lately?
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Welcome back Dot xxxx

You may remember that we have been away for the weekend (and a bit). Turned out that the site that the caravan park had sent us to originally, had a huge water pipe broken under it. The plumber had to come out on Saturday to fix it. We were lucky that we asked to be moved off that site. It would have been a need to move for the plumbers. Each night, the group managed to have a firepit and warmish times. As soon as we got back to the van it was instantly cold (even with the heater turned on). I was so drugged up with antihistamines and frozen as well, so the computer stayed in it's bag.

We had a lovely weekend with varied forms of freezing weather. It rained some mornings and Friday night was huge storms with extra heavy rain. Was a good time to check all the ceiling joins in the van for any leaks. Passed with flying colours. The noise was horrible and it was good to know that it was all outside. The lightning was right on top of us for a while, so the noise was a bit loud too.

To leave the park, we had to have the lovely tractor man get us out from under the trees. The whole park was designed when vans were much smaller and draw bars were shorter. There was no way that we could have got off that site without some collateral damage. Tractor man had to have several goes at getting the van in the right angle to get back onto the road. It's always been nice to go to anywhere in Nelson Bay, this trip we have decided that we are over the place. Too much high rise buildings, the streets have been made one way in the main town, to allow for angled parking that has meters on everywhere. We will return with our club to various parks in the Bay, but probably not to Middle Rock where we stayed this time.

Trip down the highway was quick and we were home in no time.

nighty night xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah you should know not to park under trees. Did the tractor driver charge for the rescues? Q/ you know those tart pie shells from supermarkets? do you just use then as is or do you have to cook them first? (asking for a friend) :roll: Thought I might have a go at doing a lemon tart as heaps of lemons again. Watching the boys on bikes, how on earth do they ride up those hills? How is Shirley doing with the canoe and bowls? Heading to physio tomorrow so may come home the back way and scab some wood from off the side of the road. Was told that rock spider Rolf Harris snuffed off, if so I say about time and if not then I say hurry up, another mate for pell. So right now it is time for a shower and then bed. Take care everyone, stay safe on the roads and the sickies all get well soon. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Terry & Margaret x :D
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Been out of action 2 weeks Dot, wasn’t well with flu beginning of week, didn’t improve tested 3 days for Covid all negative on the Sunday night I tested Positive to Covid, rang Dr Monday morning & he sent me a script for the antiviral medication 4 capsules 12 hours apart for 5 days, I’m still far from feeling 100% & this is the 3rd week, no bowls or paddling, just been resting, trying to get better. I had the flu shot about 2 mths ago but haven’t had the 5th Covid jab, I was feeling really, really unwell. :?

Goodnight everyone.
Shirley & Bruce.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Correct Dot, should never park under trees, but that was the only space left for us to go. The tv wasn't too happy either. The tart shells are already cooked and ready for filling. Cheats cheese cake, lots of lemon juice (2 lemons is good) and a tin of condensed milk. Stir together and pour into pastry shell. Leave in fridge for a couple of hours and all good to go.

Shirley, that's not sounding too good. Hope you are back running on all cylinders soon. The lake looked so much like a mirror today, that if it wasn't so cold, I would have had the kayak out. Take care and get rested. xxx

Finally have the heater problem sorted-ish. I have ordered a replacement heater, will have to go to North Rocks in Sydney to collect it, once it arrives there and our plumber/gas man will fit it as soon as he can. Maybe another fortnight, then the weather will turn nice again......

I have been on the phone for most of the day trying to get quotes/advice and the decision has been made. It would have been better if our plumber had suggested this way to go, last August when he came to call originally and we would have been sorted by now. He was just being a coward and not telling us to buy a new one. It is 15 years old, can't expect them to last forever.

sweet dreams out there xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life