Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

Dot, the price of xrays for the moggy is ridiculous (but you already know that). Would love to see you take Brian to the people xray place. That could be very interesting. xxxx

George, just be grateful it was only your deck. We had the dubious pleasure to be out driving in that storm. His nibs had an ear appointment, in Broadmeadow, that could not be missed, it was sunny when we left home. Anyway, after a long appointment, we went to the car, just as the first fine hail started. We drove on and off for the next forty minutes with the biggest hail that I have ever seen. It was so jagged looking, that we both expected to see a lot of damage to my little rav 4. The short story, we arrived home after a long ,stop start trip, only to find no real marks on the car at all. It may look different in the daylight, when it's dry, but for now, we have a happy ending to our adventure. The devastation along the road was enough to give the onlooker a good idea of what we had been through. The roads were littered with chunks of trees and the gutters were totally awash and overflowing. Each time we stopped, there were still people driving around us. Scary stuff. I have never experienced so much loud noise and terrifying scenery. I hope we never see that again.

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

The storm here at home was horrendous Deborah, so loud, & strong southerly throwing golf ball size hail, twigs, leaves at us, Alexander our eldest grandson came from work to clear our big deck, he was sweeping & shoveling hail & debris over the side for over half an hour.
IMG_0102.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shirley & Bruce.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

My granddaughter’s Suzuki only 2 years old was damaged all over the roof & right hand side by the hail, might be a right off, she had just arrived in the car park at Swansea to start work when it hit. She also came down after work to check on us & make sure that we were ok, my son & wife are in London, have just visited Paris, Geneva & Marseille.

I am feeling ok but still tired & have some congestion & cough, not able to play bowls, I did go to Woolies & came home feeling exhausted, just resting.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Dot wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 12:09 am George you sure had a big dump (of rain) Gives you something to do hey? Q/ what seats / chairs do you lot have in your caravans/ m/homes and are they comfy? I am having trouble getting comfortable in my seat even though it is a Stressless recliner swivel chair. Maybe Riverlander could advise if re stuffing or whatever would be an option??? That roof man hasn;t got a chance, believe me. His painters rego ran out last sept so big no no , then there his OH&S have a pic of him with no safety harness on doing the roof, tax dept for not giving receipt and a few other things up my shorts. Get into that mending Deborah but have a good rest. Shirley should be coming good soon. Watching the BOB going up to the snow line 10ks climbing up 14% -6% - 12% & 8 % my eyes get tired even watching those climbs. The roads there don't have the pussy rails along the roads, you'd be splattered everywhere if you went over the side. Had a quote for an X/Ray for Brian between $750 and $850, guess what they were told, and that is with the discounted price insurance. Might take him with me when I have my X/R and say he is my therapy cat and lay him next to me.. :lol: :lol: Goodnight one and all x :D Goodnight Tanks x :D
Dot I have a pair of Delica swivel seats to go into my motorhome...when I get around to it, cant give advice on comfort yet :D
Bernie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, I reckon that you have solved your own problem. Take your bus up to Riverlander John's place for a few days. Leave the seats so his son can reupholster them, and go back up for a few days to pick them up when they are finished. Simples', as the meerkats would say. :D
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

I thought the son lives closer to Adel?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. Yes my son Brayden is in Mount Barker now but he is so busy he would not have time to do them. The problem with lounge type chairs it is a big job just pulling them apart to do any work on them. Also if you change the contour of the seat you then need to make another new cover to fit it. Have fixed up the elastic webbing under a few though. Cheers John
Dot

Post by Dot »

Bet you can't guess what time I finally woke up today ??? hint, between 1400 & 1500hrs just could not wake up. Got up early morning for the loo and just could not move as my feet were so sore but after some shuffling, I made the 3 feet. Disturbed sleep makes you more buggered. Still waiting for the hatch for the loo after around 8 weeks I can't believe it is taking so dam long, might cancel it and get one off ebay. So much for supporting your local mob. BOB are not as exciting tonight as just time trials but the scenery is lovely. Off to bed now so take care everyone x Goodnight Bernie x :D Just had a thought about chairs, how about a hanging egg chair??? :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, try adding some more cushions to your chair. If it's just that the padding has squished, add some more in cushions.xxxx

Shirley, our place must have had the same hailstorm, but when we finally arrived home, there was no hail lying around at all. Certainly was a lot of tree crap, tho. Not so lucky for your granddaughter. We missed the hail in Swansea. It was worst for us in Gateshead and the noise was unbelievable. After a close inspection today in the sunlight, we can only find one big dent on the roof. The rest of the car is unscathed (yes, I was wearing my glasses). Obviously we will have to watch the roof, but the paint still looks good. Go figure.

Had to take a long look at the big house water tank, only to find that it has a leak, close to the bottom. It's a big, 15 year old, plastic oval tank, any hints on getting this one repaired? The guy who installed it has gone bust, so I can't ring him. Are they even repairable?
What else can go wrong this year?
night all xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

dream4red wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 1:18 am Dot, try adding some more cushions to your chair. If it's just that the padding has squished, add some more in cushions.xxxx

Shirley, our place must have had the same hailstorm, but when we finally arrived home, there was no hail lying around at all. Certainly was a lot of tree crap, tho. Not so lucky for your granddaughter. We missed the hail in Swansea. It was worst for us in Gateshead and the noise was unbelievable. After a close inspection today in the sunlight, we can only find one big dent on the roof. The rest of the car is unscathed (yes, I was wearing my glasses). Obviously we will have to watch the roof, but the paint still looks good. Go figure.

Had to take a long look at the big house water tank, only to find that it has a leak, close to the bottom. It's a big, 15 year old, plastic oval tank, any hints on getting this one repaired? The guy who installed it has gone bust, so I can't ring him. Are they even repairable?
What else can go wrong this year?
night all xxx
Deb, get a stick of NEEDIT or KNEEDIT check spelling. Bob&Bev put me onto this stuff, and it fixes anything. Wear plastis throw away gloves when you kneed it to mix it and it will work wonders if you follow the instructions. Available from Bunnings for around $30 or less on ebay. Other forum members have used it with good reports.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.