Easter time Gathering Suggestions Please

Any dates & venues of get togethers, Farmer's Markets, Shows, Rally's or other items of interest
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: Easter time Gathering Suggestions Please

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

How about chaffy dam up near nundal ? :D
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
Lance

Post by Lance »

The suggestions so far..................

Loxton – Riverina area SA
Tooleybuc – on The Murray NSW
Police Paddocks – Rutherglen area Vic
Baltana Station – outback SA
Patchewollock – northern Vic
Lake Keepit – near Gunnedah N NSW
Minindee Lakes - NSW
Copeton Dam – near Inverell NE NSW
Texas – SE Qld
Lake Ratzcastle – near Horsham Vic
Lake Batyo Catyo – near St Arnaud Vic
Mangoplah – near The Rock NSW
Gum Bend Lake – Condobolin NSW
Lake Cargelligo – near Parkes NSW
Bethungra Dam – near Junee NSW
Sandy Beach Reserve – near Wagga Wagga NSW
Chaffey Reservoir Dam – near Nundle NSW
Lance & Annee
Looking for more Music Festival Dates in Victoria 8-)
JohnM

Post by JohnM »

I would like to suggest Oura Beach some where in the Murrumbidgee east of Wagga.
however any of the above seem suitable to me ( providing the Doctors let us go) I do believe the first investigation would have to be some where that is not overpopulated, with weekend campers, so would have to be somewhere that is more than a days travel from a city! (Or on private property) that is not available to the standard class of weekend yobbos, with their usual accoutrements of motor bikes, boom boxes, generators, and other offensive habits.
We stopped along the Murray, I think it was Boundary bend, up from Managatang, We set up camp there a lovely spot on the river, we had been there a couple of days, and our only visitor was the local postman, (he used to stop there for his lunch break) then came a Long weekend, and we were inundated with vans and tents, the "Ring a ding ding" decided that the track that passed within 6 feet of the bus was now their race track, the boom boxes blasted out Doof Doof noise at full bore and all this continued well into the night, Then another couple decided to start up a battle of the sounds they had a rather impressive sound system, and they liked country music, so we had Dolly Parton with a background Bass beat of Doof Doof. I wanted to join in the anti social behaviour and put some clothes lines up from the bus, preferable made fro 100 lb fishing line but SWMBO talked me out of that, but the noise did abate the bikes stopped their racket about midnight, and the battle of the sounds closed down some where around 3, We pulled out with suitable, revving of motor and sounding of horn shortly after 4. no doubt they complained about our anti social behavior. we should have realised before that as there were signs posted "no unregistered Motorcycles and No motorcycles on river bank etc,
P.S. I am not stating that any one is not entitled to their enjoyment, just not where I am! and I reserve the right to depart, when ever I choose.
Life is a trip, to be enjoyed!
John M
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

If we do one each Easter that would take about 17 years
Cheers
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote:If we do one each Easter that would take about 17 years
Cheers
So do we start at the top of the list and work our way down? :D
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Jon and Kay

Post by Jon and Kay »

Since Lake Batyo Catyo has not had a water allocation for several years, the campsite has gone to rack and ruin. It is run down, long grasses, flies, and no facilities
That should shorten the list by 1. :)
Jon
Keevo52

Post by Keevo52 »

Glennis and I are always up for a gathering if we can make it of course, we are going to Stone the Crows in April as well, then on to Temora for another festival a week later, so we will be out for Easter period, maybe next year
Chris
Chris aka Keevo52, Living at Fishing Point Lake Macquarie NSW Husband to Glennis, and now accompanied with our Mini Poodle Coco, wishing we were back on the road in our winnie and toad.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Chris, see you at Wagga Wagga.

PeterH
PeterH
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Would like to go myself if not to bloody hot :lol:
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini