Board layout

Post here if you have some suggestions on improving the forum.
Swisslulu

Board layout

Post by Swisslulu »

I use the 'View Unread Posts' link almost exclusively both here and on CF but I note that these links
View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics
do not appear on all pages as they do on CF. It's a pain to have to go back to Board Index after finishing reading a thread to get the list of Unread posts again from there.

Any chance of adding these links to all pages??? Pretty please. ;)
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
RussellB[SA]

Re: Board layout

Post by RussellB[SA] »

hear hear :roll:
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I've change to doing the one trip to the board index then unread posts, then use the back around (left top corner of the screen in I.E.) to return to the unread posts menu, but was a pain in the butt before I found that trick though and still a pain if you add a post as it doesn't go straight back to the unread posts list.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Lesley it must be one of the 'features' left off that style because in you go into your profile & then to board preferences & set the style to subsilver you CAN then see those items. (click SUBMIT to lock it in!)
I've also noticed on the "Christmas" style that we lose the title & description of our Forum up top of each page.
I won't disable that style but seems like most have 'avoided' it?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Even in Subsilver only view your posts and messages are available, whem you go to the board index, then "View unanswered posts • View unread posts • View new posts • View active topics" are also available

T1 Terry
was in the Prosilver not the subsilver one :oops: Dis one is sure interesting, will have to look further
Not sure about this bit "Message body:
Enter your message here, it may contain no more than 60000 characters. " will I need to shorten my posts :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Brilliant! The subsilver layout works a treat. Thanks for that Mr/Mrs/Ms Admin. Terry the links you want are on the right hand side of the screen.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Can we have an option to Mark All Threads Read?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Hi George,
If you're using a different style that the Subsilver one you might not get all the options.
There is even less visable in the top logo section.
You have the choice of 3 styles in your control panel.
Once in Subsilver, you'll see the option to "mark Forum's as Read" over to the right side.
What style are you presently using?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

admin wrote:Hi George,
If you're using a different style that the Subsilver one you might not get all the options.
There is even less visable in the top logo section.
You have the choice of 3 styles in your control panel.
Once in Subsilver, you'll see the option to "mark Forum's as Read" over to the right side.
What style are you presently using?
I am using Subsilver2
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Hi George,
I thought it was only me that didn't have that option 'cause I have to read them all :lol:
I'll leave that to the boss to figure out, you don't realy want me messing with 'puter stuff :twisted: :lol:

T1 Terry