Thought for Today

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
SteveW

Re: Thought for Today

Post by SteveW »

Greynomad wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 12:02 am Why does SOUR CREAM have a Use-By date?
Should have a "Best After" date.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Shirley wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:17 pm Ray, I play bowls with an ex journo Dawn Jones she would be your vintage maybe you know her?
Shirley,
There are & were lots of journos working in Australia.
The name does not ring a bell. Where & when did she work?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Brucie2 wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 12:45 pm I hope she's better than Annabelle!!!
Brucie,
Why are you so crabby about Annabelle?
😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Stolen from another forum but clearly stolen from somewhere else so I thought I'd share it here

Another enlightening summation from the files of Allan Johnson. (He’s been a busy boy)

It’s a mess out there now. Hard to discern between what’s a real threat and what is just simple panic and hysteria. For a small amount of perspective at this moment, imagine you were born in 1900.

On your 14th birthday, World War I starts, and ends on your 18th birthday. 22 million people perish in that war. Later in the year, a Spanish Flu epidemic hits the planet and runs until your 20th birthday. 50 million people die from it in those two years. Yes, 50 million.

On your 29th birthday, the Great Depression begins. Unemployment hits 25%, the World GDP drops 27%. That runs until you are 33. The country nearly collapses along with the world economy.

When you turn 39, World War II starts. You aren’t even over the hill yet. Between your 39th and 45th birthday, 75 million people perish in the war.

Smallpox was epidemic until you were in your 40’s, as it killed 300 million people during your lifetime.

At 50, the Korean War starts. 5 million perish. From your birth, until you are 55 you dealt with the fear of Polio epidemics each summer. You experience friends and family contracting polio and being paralysed and/or die.

At 55 the Vietnam War begins and doesn’t end for 20 years. 4 million people perish in that conflict. During the Cold War, you lived each day with the fear of nuclear annihilation. On your 62nd birthday you have the Cuban Missile Crisis, a tipping point in the Cold War. Life on our planet, as we know it, almost ended. When you turn 75, the Vietnam War finally ends.

Think of everyone on the planet born in 1900. How did they endure all of that? When you were a kid in 1985 and didn’t think your 85 year old grandparent understood how hard school was. And how mean that kid in your class was. Yet they survived through everything listed above. Perspective is an amazing art. Refined and enlightening as time goes on. Let’s try and keep things in perspective. Your parents and/or grandparents were called to endure all of the above – you are called to stay home and sit on your couch.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Who the hell is / was Annabelle.
My cheeks are always clamped tight. :lol: ?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

Ann I Bell [emoji931] .......[emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060][emoji3060]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Iron man joke.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Hmm, not sure about the negatives on Annabel. I like her.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

President Clown was holding the wrong book.
Should have been ‘Mein Kampf’. :?

If he thinks his actions are those of a Christian, I suggest he reads the book again.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1 Terry wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:14 pm Iron man joke.jpg
T1,