Ladders and stuff

Please add anything you've come up with to solve a problem in your outfits. eg. holder for remote!, fold up broom!, Dogbox for Hubby, etc Up to 6 images.
supersparky

Re: Ladders and stuff

Post by supersparky »

jon_d wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:38 am What type of awning is it?

Traditional one with the legs or a self supporting one like Bruce's description?
Winny Awning.jpg
Jon, It is an A+E 8500 by Dometic I have thrown a rope over the middle of it, in the pic, as it was a bit windy that day. The pic isn't the best, but you will get the idea.
The cook is at Bunnings now, looking at stuff. But I reckon that our new ladder will come from ebay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by supersparky on Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Do you have anti rattlers Dave ?
Bernie .
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

We carry a folding step-ladder which, after closing like a standard step-ladder, then folds the steps so that the four uprights come together into a very compact square tube-shaped thing about 3" x 3" and 5ft long.

Goes into a carry-bag and looks like a slightly muscular spirit level. Stows easily in our under-floor through-bin.

I'd post some piccies, except it's in Girt, and she's currently having some cosmetic surgery... :?

Hoping she'll be released from hospital (panel shop) by the end of the week.

Watch this space................................... --> [ ] :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Another way of stopping the awning flapping is to add those fibreglass rods between the RV mounted sail track and the awning drum (slightly longer than the space between the two) and one long one between each of the stretcher arms. The idea is to create a convex arch across the top of the awning to stop the high pressure/low pressure changes either side of the awning that causes it to flap. These can all be installed while the stretcher arms are fully extended but the side lifter arms are mostly at their lower level notches. This avoids the need to climb on ladders .......
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

BernieQ wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:47 pm Do you have anti rattlers Dave ?
Bernie .
Bernie, What do you mean by anti-rattlers? Something to stop the support arms shaking about when in transit, or de-flappers to stop the cover from trying to tear itself to bits when it's windy?
I fit some curved rafters between the wall and the drum end (which, I think is what T1 is referring to.) and adjust them to suit, but have not used the similar, and very expensive end-clamps as they are difficult to fit without a ladder of some description.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

What you call end clamps Dave . Dont know where you would call them difficult to put up..
i did need a ladder to put mine up on the bus which was 3.6 Mts high . "Same as Grandad has"
They stop all that flapping no need for a rope over the middle .
I also have them on the caravan...if the awning goes out the "end clamps" go on . plus the two centre rafters I have .
Bernie .
bob r

Post by bob r »

David i have one the same as in Terry's link works great takes up little room to store.

Bob
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dave,

I use these.

Very simple to use. My awning is above the windows in the bus, (on the curve of the roof) and I'm a shorty. I can fit them and only need to (sometimes) stand on a chair to flick the top catch.

They work a treat.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Aussie-Trav ... 1417551047?
jd
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bernie, the end clamp things I was referring to are the same as the de-flappers in Jon's link. The guy that replaced our awning cover claims that the clamps you refer to are unsuitable for our awning due to the width. But he was trying to sell me the arms same as Jon's.
We already have a similar product, but I can't fit them unless I use a ladder or stand on the table, which is now forbidden anyway.
Which is why I am looking for a suitable ladder.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Old mate told you a furfy Dave 22 foot on the bus how wide is yours .
Time to teach Terrie how to climb a ladder .
Bernie .