Lock down

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Dot

Re: Lock down

Post by Dot »

The thing that caused this debarkle is a 30 +yr old overseas student on a visa ending in December
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I heard it all started because someone wanted an egg on a topical pizza.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji40][emoji1639][emoji1639][emoji1639][emoji487][emoji487][emoji487][emoji1645][emoji1645][emoji1645]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dot

Post by Dot »

Guy from the pizza shop has just been found dead covered in mushroom, pineapple, salami, prawns, cheese and capsicum, the cops reckon he topped himself .
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Post by Coolabah1au »

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cuppa

Post by Cuppa »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:43 pm the employee will have to pay back taxes plus penalties as well as replay any excess payment received from social security.
Spanish post graduate student, who presumably , like all other overseas students caught here by the pandemic received absolutely no social security, or any other government support, forced to work mutiple low paid jobs just to survive. Pizza shop owner offers him a cash in hand job & says don't tell anyone. A very unfortunate situation which would probabl;y not have occurred if the government had offered some support to everyone in Australia affected by the pandemic if they needed it. They knew by not offering basic living support to people who needed it that they would increase the size of the already existing black economy proven multiple times over recent years to systematically rort working people because they could. They placed this Spanish bloke in that position, & now want to make an example of him by deporting him. Bastards! If he had been an Australian citizen with access to social security etc, I'd agree - make an example of him, but this just isn't fair or just. I reckon most, if not all pf us in his situation would most likely have done the same. By all means throw the book at an employer who has done the wrong thing, but give this bloke a chance. It's a mistake on his part, not a bloody crime. The government needs to recognise their role in this situation & address it before it happens again elsewhere.
mottleemob

Post by mottleemob »

Almost back to normal For now
Cheers Phil
Phil,Ann and Mia the spoilt dog
Wanna be grey nomads from SA
Its a Jayco and we love it And another Jeep
R I P Bonnie
Dot

Post by Dot »

telling lies does not make it right under any circumstances never mind the status of the culprit .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Agree Cuppa, he was placed in a very difficult position that should never have happened. The pizza shop owner will be in big trouble for more than just paying cash in hand, but if the student has a visa that is about to expire, no hope of having it renewed and he should have realised working illegally would have jeopardised his visa renewal if he got caught ..... if he now has Covid, they can't very well deport him until he is cleared as safe to be out of isolation. At least he will get a free trip back home if the do deport him, he probably doesn't have the funds to buy the ticket himself. No doubt there will be more out cry that "tax payer $$" had to be used to send him home, but as you say, he was put in a no win position really, he needed to eat and pay rent etc

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Where was it stated truthfully that he was being paid cash in hand?

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor