Shopping smarter

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Noggins

Re: Shopping smarter

Post by Noggins »

Shirley wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 pm Good Ray if you like chicken, I don't even like the smell of it cooking. :D
Maybe the smell is too fowl for you :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Like that Ron :lol:, my way of shopping smarter is to grow most of my own food, buy locally grown and never go into big supermarkets. Don't know about elsewhere, in Tas the small independent shops are way cheaper than the big 3 and when travelling, found the same as most towns and area's have people who grow and sell produce at way below supermarket prices. That way I'm supporting real people, not multinationals and greedy corporations, who rip us off with cheap imported junk foods, provided by very low paid impoverished labour.

Since we go the bore, we are now producing 3 times what we can eat, so are swapping some and the dogs get the best food possible. At the moment they are tucking into some home made complex bread rolls cooked in the new wood stove, you can't beat wood fired cooking for taste, a 4hr slow cooked organic chook is so delightful it melts in your mouth, especially when it's marinated for 48hrs in select herbs and spices.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Nah, not for me Native Pepper, not only do they smell fowl :lol: they taste like feathers. :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Fussy buggers :lol: :lol: I just want a hamburger. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Sounds good Dot but would have to be a GF bun definitely fussy. :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Dot wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm Fussy buggers :lol: :lol: I just want a hamburger. :lol:
Remember when a burger was a burger and not some processed "stuff" like Maccas and HJ's
I like it here because just down the road ( well about 3 K's ) I can get a great "Person Made" burger that takes away the desire for "T" if I have one for lunch.
I do miss the old " Acropolis " and Athens" burger places where you got a good meal in one sitting.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Agree Ron, burgers from Maccas & HJs certainly aren't Aussie style burgers, nothing like a real Aussie 🍔 ✔️We know how to make them & you can even order the contents. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Noggins wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:06 am
Shirley wrote: Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:09 pm Good Ray if you like chicken, I don't even like the smell of it cooking. :D
Maybe the smell is too fowl for you :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ron
Shirley et al,

SWMBO says if you don't like chicken you can substitute beef mince, pork mince, even goat mince in the chicken pie recipe... (probably even kangaroo or goanna mince, I reckon ;) ). Cost works out about the same — even if you use Premium Mince...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Noggins wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:02 pm
Dot wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:42 pm Fussy buggers :lol: :lol: I just want a hamburger. :lol:
Remember when a burger was a burger and not some processed "stuff" like Maccas and HJ's
I like it here because just down the road ( well about 3 K's ) I can get a great "Person Made" burger that takes away the desire for "T" if I have one for lunch.
I do miss the old " Acropolis " and Athens" burger places where you got a good meal in one sitting.

Ron
How true Ron, remember watching as they made the burger patties and everything else. My favourite was an egg and bacon burger, they used to toast the bun on the hot plate and one with the lot, was huge especially with pineapple and all the juice would run down your hand.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I'm with you on that one NP. Can't beat a good burger. Not too many places now that you can get a decent one with the lot.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.