Time ForUp Dates on Members Outfits

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
wayneP

Re: Time ForUp Dates on Members Outfits

Post by wayneP »

Ros & Dot,
I Think they or our needs to be bigger, I asked kitchen place,he said change fans like customer did to larger silent??? computer type fans(18 months ago, but now thinking )Have not looked because no job no $$$, and YES THE range-hood should be further out, his opinion.
Wayne
Driver/Maintenance Boy :D
Dot

Post by Dot »

They are very noisey for such a little thing.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Ozfueler, I ended up moving the smoke detector so far back there is only a metre stopping it from being on the road :) :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wayne
Dot

Post by Dot »

SMOKIN :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
glenda

Post by glenda »

wayne-adele wrote:Hi Glenda, the driver seat bolted straight onto the original pedestal, thus no turntable very very comfy to drive. Could add turntable but then have to adjust steering wheel etc $$$$$$ no need not worth it. The lounge(folds out and makes double bed reasonable for few nights) has provisions for 3 belts, but needs engineers cert etc, on list when $$$ available not priority. No 2 Navigators seat not seen in right of picture swivels from front (sight seeing/directions/ just to be near driver) to back (eat at table/watch TV). Table can drop or be removed and used with seats moved closer together to make small child's bed. No 3 navigators seat in picture has table in front for maps (crosswords, book-reader, knitting, etc.).No 1 Navigator you ask! :!: No not me, we have a GPS up front so at times I have 2 females telling me where to go :!: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: We didn't want to walk in the door and look up the length of bus and see a bed, that is why the kitchen is designed like it is. regards Wayne and Adele
This could be a good thread that Dot has started something like this would have helped us in the beginning when we started ours,most people doing a conversion will only do it the once because it's a lot harder & more expensive than one realizes, we were looking for all the information we could find example we had never heard of sikaflex, pictures are good because they help tell the story !!

We always liked the idea of the 3 swivel captains chairs to me it's a real lounge room.& with your drop down table it becomes the dinning area, We couldn't have that because the bus was just under 10mtrs,

The way around it for us was to have the the driver & co drivers seats swivel to be multi purpose, a dinning area was out of the question (not enough room) we decided on a cupboard come book shelf for personal items including & pull out table beside each seat our thinking was we could eat, read, or watch tv from our own space, next we finally found the lead lighting that worked for us each of these seats have there own direct lighting.

COOKING we are hoping to keep cooking smells outside, hot & fast cooking is done on a slide out barbie we have a 4 burner stove /oven/extractor keeping in mind we haven't had the M/Home on the road all that long so so far so good plus we will only be away a week or two at a time

THE LOUNGE was a hard one information was difficult to find plus it has to be engineered if you have seat belts,ours has 3 also folds out to make up another bed sometimes there are 5 of us but mostly only two

What else? there was room for a stainless steel slide out table next to the barbie so that went in ,also an outside water tap
Glenda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hino 9mtr Bus-Conversion, Batteries: 200Ah x 24v LiFePO4. Solar: 260W x 24v Kyocera. Fridge: 240L x 24v Vitrifrigo. Inverter: 3000W x 24v Gen-Power. Etc.
Dot

Post by Dot »

I love that idea for seperate tables. Seeing as there will just be us two travelling in our bus we skipped the couch / bed set up but it would have been nice to watch tv lazing around but G said I can always go to the bedroom to do that. Now why didn't I think of that :roll: One thing I would advise everyone to do with a bigger rig is to keep those emergency doors if they are fitted.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Two comments here.

1. When we had our home kitchen revamped a few years ago the new range hood being installed was a good size/shape but the fan was bloody useless & noisy. So, the installers pulled out the original motor/fan & installed one from an air conditioner unit. A bit bigger than standard but they got around that by installing a small cupboard above the range hood, specifically for this new motor. Now it is brilliant & a lot quieter.

May be of more use to those with motor homes & more space 'up there'... but, just looking at our set up with the front kitchen in the van, I reckon it could fit in here as well. Although our unit is pretty quiet... although a bigger 'suck' :o would be beneficial. :lol: It would seem that either the fan/motor is not good enough or the range hood is too high above the cooking utensils... but if you drop the height you'd then need to cut your legs in half!!

2. Bugga! Now I've forgotten the second point I was gunna make.

Sorry - seniors moment. :oops:
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sucked in :? :?
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I made the range hood for the big bus out of an existing household unit but replaced the fan with the heater blower fan from the bus original Smiths heater demister. Instead of having it recirculate I cut a hole in the rear of the shroud and mounted the inlet side there so the outlet was pointing to the roof, I sealed off the recirculation vents. Seems to work ok with the smoke test, still need to extend the outlet through the roof and fit the chinaman's hat, at the moment it just fills the overhead cupboard with smoke :roll: I reused the 2 speed fan switch and the light I replaced with a couple of leds from DX extreme.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
wayneP

Post by wayneP »

Dear Dorothy (Dot),
As per previous picture, I have meticalcy (can't spell ears still ringing) measured for slide out BBQ and the area for the lovely looking slide out table $$$, but I have a major problem!!!! As much as I admire the Chef in blue jeans & black top BUT were do I keep such a major accessory $$$$$$$ to my BBQing.
yours truly
MR Ears R a ringing

. Ps all jokes aside can we have a few pics of BBQ (Underlined) for future reference, please :!:
thank you from.
I'm in trouble but its only the depth that varies.
Last edited by wayneP on Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wayne