Narrung ferry closed

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

Narrung ferry closed

Post by BruceS »

Take notice.
narrung.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BruceS
Site Admin

Re: Narrung ferry closed

Post by BruceS »

Anyone that is on Rodney's forum please post it. (I'm just lazy!)

Anyone on Caravaners please post it. (I'm banned apparently)

Any one on Greynomads please post it. (I'm not a member)
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

It's a long way around via Menindee, we had to come home that way when the wind chopped the water up so much it was no longer considered safe ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Is the closure due to weather conditions or due to budget constraints?

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Dot

Post by Dot »

It is going again. I rang Marine services 1300 183 046 and all go ... :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

I'm having difficulty finding the reason for the post…
it only mentions three times that the ferry service is closed.
No mention of anything else. What do you think they're trying to tell us? :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:41 am I'm having difficulty finding the reason for the post…
No mention of anything else. What do you think they're trying to tell us? :roll:
That is the question being asked Ray, is it closed long term or only short term (as in hrs) due to weather conditions ..... You would think being told it was closed three times would indicate a long term closure, but Dottie has posted information that goes against that assumption .... How are you with conventional current flow and electron flow through a diode? How about, who's on first base .... :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:16 am
Greynomad wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:41 am I'm having difficulty finding the reason for the post…
That is the question being asked Ray, is it closed long term or only short term (as in hrs) due to weather conditions ..... You would think being told it was closed three times would indicate a long term closure, but Dottie has posted information that goes against that assumption .... How are you with conventional current flow and electron flow through a diode? How about, who's on first base .... :lol:

T1 Terry
Being Telecom taught, PMG when the telephones were under that umbrella, I got electron theory hammered into the skull.
Although I don't use it much these days I can get the gist of what you mean, although measuring the voltage drop over a working diode is a bit past me these days.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Noggins wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:54 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:16 am

T1 Terry
Being Telecom taught, PMG when the telephones were under that umbrella, I got electron theory hammered into the skull.
Although I don't use it much these days I can get the gist of what you mean, although measuring the voltage drop over a working diode is a bit past me these days.

Ron
The bit that messes with my head is electron flow is opposite to conventional current flow .... basically because the founding fathers got it wrong ..... Then lithium batteries came along and a cathode and anode are interchangeable terminology depending if the cell is charging or discharging and ...... Trying to give a simplified talk at a Stone The Crows get together just turns into a whole room full of glassy eyes people :lol:

T1 Terry
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

The bit that messes with my head is electron flow is opposite to conventional current flow .... basically because the founding fathers got it wrong ..... Then lithium batteries came along and a cathode and anode are interchangeable terminology depending if the cell is charging or discharging and ...... Trying to give a simplified talk at a Stone The Crows get together just turns into a whole room full of glassy eyes people

Why bother. They are not there to get a masters degree, but some basic information to get lithium started on the lithium journey. Cast you mind back to a Taggerty meet and the questions we all asked back then.

Then, throw in some honest info about drop in and the advantages and disadvanges of having them; how to look for the differences and suitablity for your particular usage and how they still need some good capacity tracking. And then compare to doing your own install using Winstons or something else.

Plus add in the risk of buying out of China yourself vs buying locally.
If you want a bit of a T1 promotion, towards the end, add a little about how you fix the problems that even a 'drop in' won't fix.

You'd have a great 1 hour presso.