Do I dont I ...???

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Vik351

Do I dont I ...???

Post by Vik351 »

Is this worth dooin ...???

https://all4rvs.com/does-thermoshield-p ... -rvs-roof/

Heard on the net ,so it musta to be the true that Merk paint is 40 times thinner than Tally Ho papers and the roof starts rustin even if ya just go for a drive down Jetty Rd to the Bay FFS (Glenelg)

Might have to make this the first job :o
IMG_1211.JPG

White roof grey bod ... 8-) :roll:

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Re: Do I dont I ...???

Post by Dot »

why not use the roof paint for houses, same stuff (just about) and you get the colour you want.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

We used house paint on two motorhome's
And I know of another that done the same.
Bernie.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Do it, you won't regret it. Did the workshop on the farm with it and our whole house in Stanthorpe will be painted with 3 coats of it as soon as I finish the extension.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

You get some of those little glass spherical balls that look like really fine sand, and just add them to whatever colour paint you want. Or you could Globalcote or a few of those different products you can get now. But, like some others have already said, coat it with something, you won't regret it.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

supersparky wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:09 pm You get some of those little glass spherical balls that look like really fine sand, and just add them to whatever colour paint you want. Or you could Globalcote or a few of those different products you can get now. But, like some others have already said, coat it with something, you won't regret it.
What the ...???

Tell me more about these little glass balls of yours ... :o

Dont spose ya can use a spray gun or what ...???

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

David,
I assume they are the same glass beads used in reflective line-marking paint on the roads…
I've come across freshly-painted lines where they've been sloshed all over the wet paint… and most of the road surface. Tough to decide where to drive at night when the whole road surface is blinking back at you! :?
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Vik, if you ask Mr Google about hollow glass microspheres there is a fair bit of info there. I think the ones I used were called Q cel or something along those lines.

Ray, possibly the same product, but the stuff I have used is mixed into the paint and put on with a roller. I did the roof of the old Coaster a while back. Just latex house paint and the glass balls mixed together from memory. T1 might remember, it was a hot topic many years ago on the old old CxxA forum.

Edit, just googled caravan heat reflective paint. There are heaps of different options available now. You can get it in just about any colour you want now as well.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Snake oil or lizard skin ...??? :P

https://lizardskin.com/

The more ya look the more there is ...

vik... :ugeek:
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dunno about lizard skin. But the little glass balls really do work. And not just on the vehicle roof.
Sound attenuation is a different deal though.
Cheers
David

2006 Winnebago Alpine