600 wide under bencher ...???

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Vik351

600 wide under bencher ...???

Post by Vik351 »

OK, the story so far.

Found a fitter and he wants to shove a under bench fridge in her , 12 ,240 volt job :roll:

What is a good one, house hold normal 240 volt jobs with inverter compressors are hard to find in the size apart from a poxy bar fridge ... :roll:
IMG_2159.JPG

any clues ...???

vik...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Dot

Re: 600 wide under bencher ...???

Post by Dot »

What are those pointy things over the sink and opposite the loo???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"tanks" here Vic---
I had one of those under the bench deals in the mercedes sprinter and it was useless on 12 volt and even worse on 240n v.
You cant even fit a tub of ice cream in the freezer section.
Lucky to fit in 2 long sausage rolls and half a fried egg.
I had it to the fridge repair bloke 42 times. It would run ok for a while then without notice it would freeze everything for a few days, then revert to not keeping things cold enough. A real pain in the butt.
I could have got a LG 240 ltr inverter fridge with the coin I put out on the repair blokes wages.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Modify the install to fit a 240vac inverter fridge, there is nothing in there at the moment is there? so it's just basic build planning now, rather than a remodel to get it in there later.
You can buy the 240vac inverter fridge/freezer for less than the under bench fridge and it will work where the other useless things won't ..... and it won't require a defrost every second week to keep it working either because the inverter fridge/freezers are auto defrost

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Dot wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:38 pm What are those pointy things over the sink and opposite the loo???
OMG... mind in the gutter again ...!!! :oops: :oops: :oops:

It's a symbol , and not a phallic one ...!!!

A shower rose ;)

vik...
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Keith Morris wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:08 am "tanks" here Vic---
I had one of those under the bench deals in the mercedes sprinter and it was useless on 12 volt and even worse on 240n v.
You cant even fit a tub of ice cream in the freezer section.
Lucky to fit in 2 long sausage rolls and half a fried egg.
I had it to the fridge repair bloke 42 times. It would run ok for a while then without notice it would freeze everything for a few days, then revert to not keeping things cold enough. A real pain in the butt.
I could have got a LG 240 ltr inverter fridge with the coin I put out on the repair blokes wages.
Keith.
Listening ... ;) how tall was that baby , dont mind losing a bit of bench for trouble free icecream ...!!!

vik...
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

T1 Terry wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:34 am Modify the install to fit a 240vac inverter fridge, there is nothing in there at the moment is there? so it's just basic build planning now, rather than a remodel to get it in there later.
You can buy the 240vac inverter fridge/freezer for less than the under bench fridge and it will work where the other useless things won't ..... and it won't require a defrost every second week to keep it working either because the inverter fridge/freezers are auto defrost

T1 Terry
Yep, just a shell still , whats a good one then ...??? Have read Bushman were a prick for frosting up ,Evakool even say that in the blurb that ya have to defrost it every month, good on them ...
IMG_2160.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

We have a Hisense 220l, 240v non inverter fridge which works perfectly and the interior space is exceptional.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

Newcastle George wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:10 am We have a Hisense 220l, 240v non inverter fridge which works perfectly and the interior space is exceptional.

George
And that works fine through a 2000 inverter ? and I just have a 200ah Litho at the mo... prolly get another one if need be down the track , but with a dc to dc charger and on the move , might be ok :oops:

vik...
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

All the household 240vac inverter fridges are good, just the internal features change, like wire rack shelves or plastic shelves that break on rough roads.
If you can find one with the unit on the back wall of the freezer with the fan inside it and the refrigeration plate in the back of the fridge part, and the shelves, door shelves and crisper bin you like, that is the colour you want, the capacity you want and the physical size, that is the best of the best for what you want. Look for a 3.5 star rating or better, the Haier 195ltr fridge freezer we are fitting at the moment into an A van has a 3.5 star rating and 240kwh per yr as estimated by the standards testing people who say if the fridge and freezer meet the required standards.
The test involves the loaded fridge and freezer to be heat soaked to 48*C in a closed room also heat soaked to 48*C, then with no additional airflow across the walls of the fridge, it must pull all the fridge load down to 5*C evenly and the freezer down to -15*C evenly, within 15 hrs ..... no 12v fridge could achieve that .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO