What medical service?

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

What medical service?

Post by Greynomad »

SWMBO has just spent an hour on the phone trying to get an appointment to get a cholesterol prescription renewed. (Didn’t realise she was on the last repeat, and has one pill left.)
Her normal clinic in Corowa (10km away) has no doctors on duty for the rest of the week; local clinic is booked out (probably because of Corowa closure); Corowa hospital doesn’t have any doctors on duty today, and if she turns up tomorrow she will be triaged as ‘non-urgent’ and could wait several hours just for what amounts to paperwork; Wangaratta clinics are not accepting new patients and Wangaratta hospital (45km) & Albury (50km) say the same as Corowa — triage will say ‘non-urgent’! :roll:
Good thing she isn’t dying!

EDIT: Finally found a sympathetic clinic… in Howlong (25km)!!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Re: What medical service?

Post by Dot »

Can't you get a ph consult for a script? Our chemist will give us our pills until we get a new script, When you come out of seeing your Dr, make an appointment for the following month or whatever time suits you, can always cancel it, I make a permanent booking for every 2 mths as our GP is very popular. Isn't there some ph app for a Dr????
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I guess the good part is; you're only 10 minutes up the road living in Rutherglen as compared to 1 hour in Melb.

The bad part is, there are no doctors.... but the good part is, you'll be home in 20 when driving there to find out... which gives more time to plant rocks..... So overall, a good news story.

I think Nigel knows a couple of doctors. :roll:
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Waiting now. Appointment was 1530. :roll:
At least we do have a doctor to see…

Have found out that her normal clinic has three doctors — sorry, HAD — two have resigned and the third is visiting family in India.
It will be interesting to see how the clinic functions when the sole remaining doctor returns to Australia… 🤔

AHA! Prescriptions in hand… at last!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

I won't see any Dr that 1/ Can't understand me OR 2/ I can't understand them and if that is racist so be it. Too many mistakes are made with this happening.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Joy’s Indian Dr was educated in the UK. Hearing a Pommy accent coming from an Indian face was a bit disconcerting at first. 😁
At least MY Dr is Oz born and bred. 👍
My first GP in Rutherglen was Dr Tang — 3rd gen Australian, graduated from Sydney Uni. Face 100% Chinese, broad Oz accent. 😀👍
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Our Drs are Indian, husband & wife, they have 2 medical centres, graduated & worked in England before coming to Australia, bought the first surgery then opened a 2nd surgery a few years later, both speak perfect English & 10/10 from us, they do employ other Drs but we only consult wth them.
Bruce's new oncologist is Dr Chang young fellow, reckon he'd be 3rd generation Chinese, Aussie as they come & speaks perfect English, we sure are a Cosmopolitan country.
Shirley & Bruce.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Years ago, I was politely corrected by a senior Indian manager once.

He said, "Jon, please remember that while India has 1 billion people and 900 million are poor. There are 100 million that expect to live the same way you do."
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Jon, many service stations in the region are owned by Indians, there are 5 locally, many seem to arrive in Australia with very little, work hard & reap the rewards.
Shirley & Bruce.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

With the rotation's of Locums it's pot luck the nationality you may come across.
On another matter I went to Biggenden to put scrips in, was told they were about to have lunch, so instead of twiddling thumbs I went home, that's now 10K...went back later to pick up said scrips, one wasn't available till tomorrow...that's today...keep up people :D, so we are now up to 20K...and by the time I get the scrips it will be 30K...not happy
Bernie.