OH Crappppp

Place your jokes in this section. A little naughty will be tolerated but please no really vulgar ones!!! If you might be offended it may be better to bypass this section!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: OH Crappppp

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:13 pm So what would be the best distance you could go before conking out? eg Going from Adelaide to Darwin? would you get there
In a vehicle with 400km range, yes, easily, we already have members of the electric vehicle association that travel that route in their EV's ....
Alice Springs maybe https://alicespringsfuturegrid.com.au/f ... elaide-and

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:16 pm
Dot wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:13 pm So what would be the best distance you could go before conking out? eg Going from Adelaide to Darwin? would you get there
Only if you carry a 2kw generator & 50~100 litres of petrol in the boot… and have a total of a week to wait while it recharges. 😳🙄
How much petrol would you use to get there in your current car?

Australia obviously doesn’t have the charging infrastructure yet and — if gummint history is any guide — won’t have for 20~30 years.
No wonder the manufacturers are ignoring us.

And comparing Oz with Denmark or any other European country is ridiculous. TASMANIA is bigger than Denmark… how many charging stations does Tassie have?
This thread is well named eh ...... :roll:
Try actually looking on the net, you will see just how many charging stations are already available ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:52 am
Dot wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:09 pm Are those recharge stations all over the country?
I guess t depends on what electric car you drive. If it has a range of 100km or less, than it is only ever going to be a shopping trolley, but they were the early lead acid battery powered DIY built units. Even the DIY built units these days generally have 200km to 400km range, unless it just a town run around, then why bother with the extended range.
EV's in the market place now have ranges from 275km to over 700kms, you would have to wonder why someone would take a car with a 275km range on a long trip, it would be like driving a car with a 15 ltr fuel tank and expecting to get across the stretches travelling from Ceduna to Norseman without a jerry can or two ....

T1 Terry
Terry, the MG has a range of 325 ks when fully charged, the 54 minutes to recharge at a real charging station only charges to 80% as in the screen snip I posted. A trip from Bairnsdale to home is 279 ks and should take 3 hours and 24 minutes. If I am in an MG and left Bairnsdale with 80% charge I probably won't make it home due to the hilly country, so If I drop into Sale to recharge then the trip will take 4 hours and 18 minutes. Not to sure if my bladder could handle 54 minute long coffee breaks on a real long trip. So for me to drive to Mildura, it will require two stops adding $20.00 for the coffees another two hours to the trip hoping the 80% recharge will get me there. Obviously the MG is not the car for me but it is my price range as the long range Tesla is a tad too expensive for me. At this time of my life I think a petrol engine vehicle will see me out. No doubt the electric cars are going to improve immensely as they already have but I will have wings by then(well I hope I have wings) :lol: The info on the BYD Atto 3 car you sent me has a lot of merit.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Dot

Post by Dot »

How much does it cost to re charge those cars, and how long does it take?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

2foot6 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 12:42 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:52 am
Dot wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:09 pm Are those recharge stations all over the country?
I guess t depends on what electric car you drive. If it has a range of 100km or less, than it is only ever going to be a shopping trolley, but they were the early lead acid battery powered DIY built units. Even the DIY built units these days generally have 200km to 400km range, unless it just a town run around, then why bother with the extended range.
EV's in the market place now have ranges from 275km to over 700kms, you would have to wonder why someone would take a car with a 275km range on a long trip, it would be like driving a car with a 15 ltr fuel tank and expecting to get across the stretches travelling from Ceduna to Norseman without a jerry can or two ....

T1 Terry
Terry, the MG has a range of 325 ks when fully charged, the 54 minutes to recharge at a real charging station only charges to 80% as in the screen snip I posted. A trip from Bairnsdale to home is 279 ks and should take 3 hours and 24 minutes. If I am in an MG and left Bairnsdale with 80% charge I probably won't make it home due to the hilly country, so If I drop into Sale to recharge then the trip will take 4 hours and 18 minutes. Not to sure if my bladder could handle 54 minute long coffee breaks on a real long trip. So for me to drive to Mildura, it will require two stops adding $20.00 for the coffees another two hours to the trip hoping the 80% recharge will get me there. Obviously the MG is not the car for me but it is my price range as the long range Tesla is a tad too expensive for me. At this time of my life I think a petrol engine vehicle will see me out. No doubt the electric cars are going to improve immensely as they already have but I will have wings by then(well I hope I have wings) :lol: The info on the BYD Atto 3 car you sent me has a lot of merit.
Worth contacting BYD and see if they still have any of the introdutory extended range battery models at the standard range model price on road. The person who came to our AEVA meeting last mth had them there for test drives and announced these introductory pricing plans ..... hard to find a new car at the $45,000 price tag that you can charge at home and it doubles as a house battery when you aren't driving it. Solar on the roof and free fuel with some free electricity for the house ... hard to beat.

T1 Terry
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Just had an interesting conversation with my cardiologist and the manufacturer of my device. It is advisable not to be any where near an electric car whilst it is charging due to E.M.F.(Electro Magnetic Fields) This is more risky when on the high charge rate and the cardiologist says it's a very high risk to me due to my broken wires connected to the heart that act an aerials. So electric cars are not suitable for me.....Bugger :oops:
Dot

Post by Dot »

ev car.jpg
Thats a bummer Peter, also what if any effects would that car have on you whilst driving? Prev Q not answered ie How long and how much $$$ to charge from Flat
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:01 pm Thats a bummer Peter, also what if any effects would that car have on you whilst driving? Prev Q not answered ie How long and how much $$$ to charge from Flat
Depend where you charge and how fast you charge as the the cost. Many shopping centres have free 1 hr park and charge and the second hr is roughly the parking fee plus a few $$. The extremely fast chargers are the more expensive choice, still cheaper than any fuel per km This site answers most of the usual questions izmodo.com.au/2022/08/electric-car-charging-stations/#:~:text=Evie%20chargers%20cost%2060c%20per,when%20using%20a%2050kW%20charger.

but between 40c per kwh and 60c for the ultra fast chargers, at the moment, NRMA charging stations are free and some city chargers are also free to encourage the up take of electric vehicles.

So, if you wanted to recharge a completely flat 40kwh battery with an ultr fast charger to 80%, 32kwh @ $0.60 per kwh = $19.20.
Charging at home in SA really depends just when you want to recharge and just how fast, there is a mid morning to early afternoon rate that is something like 5 cents per kwh, but there is an article here https://www.solarquotes.com.au/blog/sa- ... es-mb2266/ Then of course, you could put solar on the roof just for charging the electric car, then it's free, and if you have a vehicle with 2 way power, it can even power some of the house to reduce the power bills ....

T1 Terry
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Dot wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:01 pm Thats a bummer Peter, also what if any effects would that car have on you whilst driving?
That is the other issue with hybrid cars that are regenerative, not knowing how they are wired or the wiring is situated. The matter was brought up in today's conversation, was told to act on the side of caution.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

2foot6 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 3:52 pm Just had an interesting conversation with my cardiologist and the manufacturer of my device. It is advisable not to be any where near an electric car whilst it is charging due to E.M.F.(Electro Magnetic Fields) This is more risky when on the high charge rate and the cardiologist says it's a very high risk to me due to my broken wires connected to the heart that act an aerials. So electric cars are not suitable for me.....Bugger :oops:
Seems the jury is still out on that one Peter. The ultrafast DC chargers have the most EMF, but it's still less then an electric train, lightening storm or standing under overhead high voltage lines. But I do understand your concerns, there is an interweb link to a newspaper article https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 505169007/ that those with an implant should stay at least 12" away from an active charging station, "as a precautionary measure" but it doesn't mention is that is an AC or a DC charger and just what power level charger and no actual cases to justify the warning.... so it seems it might be a generic warning covering both the charger and the implant manufacturers butts ....

T1 Terry