Caravan warning

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

Caravan warning

Post by Dot »

caravan.jpg
This was a van which insurance company used for newbies to show behind the outside skin.. Ummmmm
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BernieQ2

Re: Caravan warning

Post by BernieQ2 »

It'll Buff up. :D
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

That's a lot more polystyrene than we see in a lot of vans that come here. There is also some very close to the 240vac cabling .... the really scary part is the 12v wiring crossing the 240vac cabling with no added electrical insulation nor is it secured to stop the wires rubbing against each other resulting in the 240vac coming into contact with the 12vdc, making plugging a cigarette lighter plug into a socket rather more exciting than originally expected ..... and touching the battery terminal possibly fatal :shock:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Unfortunately it is very common and going by the size of the drilled holes in the studs they will not offer much support. What Terry wrote in respect to cables touching each other was common in my field, in buildings usually caused by mice and rats. In my previous life, these standards were very common in the housing and commercial buildings as well. Some caravan builders do a great job throughout the construction stage and some don't give a s%it. It's time there is a name and shame , show and tell site for the low grade builders.
I aspire to inspire before I expire.
Dot

Post by Dot »

There was a great show in NZ yrs back called "Fair Go" it was a name and shame show but todays PC tw-ts it has had to watch it's P's & Q's a bit more.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.