The Winnebago roof.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
BernieQ2

The Winnebago roof.

Post by BernieQ2 »

Small problem...I hope.
Some of the rubber cover on the roof has parted company from the ply under it.
As I'm about to resurface the roof with what I have bought from the VerSeseal company.
My problem how do I approach this. Do I cut the lifted section out or just cut holes in it so the coating will adhere to the ply....answers please if you have any...
Bernie.
Last edited by BernieQ2 on Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Busman

Re: The Winnebago roof.

Post by Busman »

There was a very detailed explanation in one of those monthy mags by an rv club who shal remain nameless recently, can you access this ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No Bill not a member anymore thanks.
Bernie.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bernie, I get that magazine in printed format. I will see if I can find that article. In the mean time Google Eternabond tape. It's the only thing that is recommend for that EPDM rubber roof. It is sort of like a roll of Dicor Lap sealant.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bernie you need to stay under 140 downhill with them flash jiggers!!
Angel gear just isn't in that shift pattern!!
Didn't Vik have a problem with his lifting? I think his was a warranty job.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

They didn't do any fixing under warranty, I guess once Vik sold it the company won't accept any responsibility for it now.
You can buy sheets of the roofing material, cut out the damaged area, check that the roof is still good under it, then coat it with Dicor and fit the patch working the Dicor into the ply and out to the edges to make a perfect water tight seal ..... then progress onto the reseal job once the Dicor has skinned over enough.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I had a chat with the people I bought the re-seal stuff from. They suggested to cut across the effected section and put T-Rex crystal under, as their product wont cure under the effected section because. Then to use their tape over the cut and carry on doing the repair.
I have ordered the T-Rex crystal.
Bernie.
Yes Bruce angel not recommended these days :D :D ;) ;) .
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

That sounds like a good solution Bernie. How much had come away on the edge?
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Vik351

Post by Vik351 »

BruceS wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:52 am Bernie you need to stay under 140 downhill with them flash jiggers!!
Angel gear just isn't in that shift pattern!!
Didn't Vik have a problem with his lifting? I think his was a warranty job.
Sure did, had more bubbles than a bowl of em ... !!! rice ...

Took it to the agent here, "she's rooted mate, book her in, it's delaminating"

Booked it in only to be told by QLD boss the email pic says "there if nuffin wrong pi55 off "

That was your change on name mobs attitude the whole time I had the misfortune to own the bloody thing

Tell em about the fridge Terrence :roll: and the rest of the crap install of stuff ...

I ended up fixing all the eff up's my self , then came the sulphur boys and had a feed on the rubber roof ,but that's another story ...

vik... :|
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

They are still attacking all the sealant stuff at the roof joins, beak marks all over it and pieces actually torn out exposing the joins to the fibreglass end panels. I glued it back up for the new owners, but the cockatoos will just rip it up again.

Not the best constructed or electrically wired new motorhome I've ever seen ... but not the worst either, one nearly three times the price gets that award .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO