River level at Loxton

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: River level at Loxton

Post by T1 Terry »

BruceS wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 5:17 pm Pity they never put a sign on that could be read from a distance!!!
It's the shrinking the image down to fit the forum doesn't lend itself to be enlarged and keep the same quality. I'll try to do a few enlarged cropped images from the original. It doesn't have any tourist type info on it, I'm guessing they are heights above the median (think that's the right word) river level and the other is regarding how close to the top of the levee or a suggestion of how fast they should abandon their huts on top of the levee and tell everyone in the path to get the f*ck out as fast as their feet will carry them :lol:
04-01-23 56 flood tree Mary Anne reserve 3.jpg
It's on it's side again and the size compression has made it hard to read again, the water level is at 3.53, the branch is at 4.0 and the top is 5.10 .... but no idea what the letters after the numbers are, nor what the other bits say.

T1 Terry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
This version displays sideways & flips upside down when I tap to enlarge…
🙃
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

The BoM plot maps show the level is steady at Blanchetown, Swan Reach and Walker Flat, I'm guessing a few more levee banks failed and the water is now across a bigger area and might keep the level from climbing any higher in Mannum.
Fingers crossed, this lot will drain away quick enough to make room for the lot coming through Menindee at the moment, so maybe a mth before it reaches here with a bit of luck.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Sad to hear about the man drowning in Loxton but
as usual some people will not listen when they are told NOT to go on the water at all. Apparently, he went to check gray pots.:(
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.