wet feet in Mannum

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
BernieQ2

Re: wet feet in Mannum

Post by BernieQ2 »

Forward date it Jon , that way Terry will think it's on time 😁😁🤔
Bernie.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Good idea Bernie.

Hey Terry, I've sent you a bottle with a note on it. It's dated the 26th of June 2023.
Have you got it yet?

Also more and more rain for QLD north coast and some central. Don't know where Nigel gets his info from.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:18 am Good idea Bernie.

Hey Terry, I've sent you a bottle with a note on it. It's dated the 26th of June 2023.
Have you got it yet?

Also more and more rain for QLD north coast and some central. Don't know where Nigel gets his info from.
No :? I don't get it ..... must be a Victorian thing ;) :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 go back a few posts.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:54 pm T1 go back a few posts.
Come in spinner I believe is the appropriate term ;) :lol: https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... %20spinner
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I was surprised to see the river level only needed to drop 0.24mtrs according to the BoM gauge for our house road to become accessible again. There is still water on the road in parts, a lot of debris to clean up along with a lot of mud, but the Prius gets through ok so that means most vehicles should be able to access it at least from the Flood Rd end ..... haven't tried the other direction because the road to Mannum would still have dirt barriers blocking the Long Gully flooded section, it will have to drop another mtr before that clears.

Great to be able to drive into the car port again, even took the Hino home yesterday, but drove it back to the workshop today because the power is back on ......

T1 Terry
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Is the port area flooded like they were expecting?
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:15 pm Is the port area flooded like they were expecting?
It has water in it ...... :D

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Lots of debris on the road in the spots that were under water and one still has a few inches of mud, but apart from that, the road all the way down to Long Gully is above water ..... it will be quite some time before the road at Long Gully is above water though, so still need to drive up either Lovers Lane from the top of Shearer's Heights Rd or Flood Rd to get to the main road leading into Mannum ....... The street party will be interesting tomorrow, hope we don't get too many sight seers driving up and down the road and making us move aside :lol:

T1 Terry
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

They scraped the rubbish off the road yesterday and piled it in the off road parking spot that was under water before the road was at the level when we drove the kombi through there, roughly a mth before the peak. Seems they think the flood has passed, yet no one seems to be factoring in what is coming down the Darling, without adding in the water from recent rains that flooded the Murrumbidgee River recently ...... The BoM graph is showing the water level at Burtundy on the Darling (last measurement before the Darling joins the Murray at Wentworth) at above major flood level and rising, so already 3 mtrs above normal flowing river height ..... that will push all that water that flowed backwards up the Darling when Wentworth started the whole flooding problem, back down and into Wentworth along with all the water coming down the Darling. The water level in Wentworth has only dropped 3 mtrs since the peak .......

T1 Terry