glue

Please add anything you've come up with to solve a problem in your outfits. eg. holder for remote!, fold up broom!, Dogbox for Hubby, etc Up to 6 images.
pet-els

glue

Post by pet-els »

I had a windscreen replaced recently by O'Briens, they removed my dash cam off the old screen but now it will not stay attached to the new one.
Q. what glue do I use to hold it in place.

PeterH
PeterH
WarrenK

Re: glue

Post by WarrenK »

pet-els wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:13 pm I had a windscreen replaced recently by O'Briens, they removed my dash cam off the old screen but now it will not stay attached to the new one.
Q. what glue do I use to hold it in place.

PeterH
I had a windscreen replaced last month by O'Briens as well, and they re-attached the mirror, but not the dash cam. The original attachment was 3M VHB, so I bought some new pieces 3M VHB from ebay. I used alcohol wipes to clean the windscreen. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/37423209922 ... 3127686774
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Watching with great interest!!
Last time I washed the Limo, my cloth got caught on the chrome label on the rear of it.
I now have a Suzuki Vit!!
The 'ara' is inside the h/boat!
Looking closely at the underside of Ara it's obvious it has been hanging loose for a while. Couldn't see any sign of attempted theft.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Izabarack

Post by Izabarack »

My Go-To is the already suggested 3M VHB tape. An alternative in desperate circumstances is Styrofoam and Superglue. A small sliver of styrofoam on the base of the camera then one drop of Superglue. The Superglue dissolves the foam and it results in a clear liquid. Note my advice about one drop. Two drops will make to much liquid to contaiin.