GIRT’s Successor(s)

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Greynomad

Re: GIRT’s Successor(s)

Post by Greynomad »

Hard fibreglass sandwich, T1.
Van is fully insulated: roof, walls & even under floor.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:14 pm T1,
What do you reckon it would cost to go lithium?
No idea where that post went, so I'll try again.
Margaret does the sorting with:
what you want
what you want to run
what you need to run it.
Once that is sorted, then the area where it needs to go and from there just what capacity cells to build it from and how many packs to make up the capacity required at the voltage required to fit in the spot you have available. Basic physics often gets in the way at this point, so another spot has to be negotiated.
From there, she finds out what equipment you already have and as much as is practical, we use that in the system.

So, best to ring Margaret Friday morning and she will start the 20 questions till the basic system requirements are established. From there I can design what the system will be so we can use the bits you already have and want to reuse, Margaret will price it out and we can go from there.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
Not in a tearing hurry.
Trying to organise a trip to SA in March. 🤞
Provided we don’t need an amphibious vehicle, we’re hoping to visit Loxton & Mannum en route to the Eyre & York Peninsulas.
We’ll talk then.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:26 pm T1,
Not in a tearing hurry.
Trying to organise a trip to SA in March. 🤞
Provided we don’t need an amphibious vehicle, we’re hoping to visit Loxton & Mannum en route to the Eyre & York Peninsulas.
We’ll talk then.
No worries, don't get excited about checking out the other side of the river or going for a ferry ride .... that could take quite some time before that is a possibility so you will needed to do the long way around via the Sturt Hwy through Blanchetown and up the Halfway House Rd to Sedan and through to Mannum that way. I doubt the road via Swan Reach to Blanchetown will be open, and no idea if the Murraylands Rd from Blanchetown to Mannum even exists and I doubt it's open ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Ray, IF you do go ahead may I suggest payment by 2 cheques, 3/4 of cost made out to Margaret and 1/4 to you know who!! :twisted: :twisted:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:44 pm Ray, IF you do go ahead may I suggest payment by 2 cheques, 3/4 of cost made out to Margaret and 1/4 to you know who!! :twisted: :twisted:
If I'm the you know who precipitant, I doubt I'd live long enough to spend once I'd cashed it :roll:
I here the sound of the Prius tyres in the driveway, I'd best get back to work so the whipping lacerations have a chance to at least scab over :lol:

T1 Terry
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Not sure if I should post this here or in my “Latest Project” page.
Here goes anyway…

Not sure if it was the original owner’s idea or fuzzy thinking by the manufacturer, but the Towed Hall is fitted with two beds — and just ONE towel rail.
We use what the retailers call ‘bath sheets’: large economy sized towels. They have to be folded lengthwise to fit the rail, and if we put both on one rail the bottom one would never really dry.
This is my solution:
2C28D785-4B9D-470C-A078-C44CD20A28B3.jpeg
We now have a towel rail each, with a separate rail on each for the bathroom mat and a hand towel. 😀
The technical challenge was that the door on which they are mounted is hollow-core 5mm fibreboard.
Just screwing the mounting hardware didn’t work, putting a towel on then pulling it off pulled the screws out.
The answer was 5mm hollow-wall expanding anchors. Easy peasy! 😀

The most remarkable thing about this job was that I needed only four anchors. I expected to find them sold only in blister packs of 25. Imagine my surprise when I found them in packs of four!! 🫢😀
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Isn't there a towel rail across the back of the van? Years ago Viscount & Franklin did ....................
BruceS
Mannum, SA

jon_d

Post by jon_d »

I can't work out the picture.

Is it a door? It looks like the towel rail crosses over the hinge. :shock:
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I'm with you Jon, it's weird. :?

George