Spider

A lot of us have homes we spend some time in. Discussions can be about any topic that may be of interest that you can think of... renovations, purchases, expenses, etc, etc
Riverlander

Spider

Post by Riverlander »

Have been watching this spider grow from a tiny thing to this over 2 months. Has a massive web that is a bit untidy but has been interesting watching him ( probably her ) grow. Probably come out one day and there will be thousands of little ones on the web. :o They will be evicted then.
Spider.jpg
Spider2.jpg
Cheers John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dot

Re: Spider

Post by Dot »

Don't walk into it during your night patrol.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Great specimen of nature at work undisturbed. Why kill off the babies? They do an excellent job of keeping the insect population under control ...... but you might need to clearly mark where each web is :lol: No markings on her back, anyone know what breed it is? Does she pull the web down at sun rise and back up at night, just leaving the single thread? We must have a heap of what ever the breed with the single thread as a day hazard are, I must wipe out that single thread for a lot of spiders every day on my trip to feed the crows with what the dog won't eat and then down to check the river progress :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

This one has a massive web that keeps growing in all directions with all the insect carcasses hanging in a line. There is even a couple of small spiders using the web probably picking up scraps of food left over. We have those as well that leave one thread hanging during the day usually with a little stone or stick on the bottom.
Cheers
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dreaming about spiders is meant to bring financial good luck.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Riverlander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:54 pm This one has a massive web that keeps growing in all directions with all the insect carcasses hanging in a line. There is even a couple of small spiders using the web probably picking up scraps of food left over. We have those as well that leave one thread hanging during the day usually with a little stone or stick on the bottom.
Cheers
Might have to measure it and see if it gets in the Guinness book of records, a world wide web so to speak :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Might have to measure it and see if it gets in the Guinness book of records, a world wide web so to speak :roll:

T1 Terry
[/quote]

Good one. And it didn't even come out of the joke book.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Riverlander wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:54 pm This one has a massive web that keeps growing in all directions with all the insect carcasses hanging in a line. There is even a couple of small spiders using the web probably picking up scraps of food left over. We have those as well that leave one thread hanging during the day usually with a little stone or stick on the bottom.
Cheers
The small one's are the male of the species. It's a Orb Spider.
Bernie.
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

There is an Orb at Augusta. Referenced in George's chapter.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

jon_d wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:57 pm There is an Orb at Augusta. Referenced in George's chapter.
I think you're right Bernie. I reckon there might be an Orb in Loxton too. I think it is a Golden Orb spider. Harmless, but bl...y annoying where they put their webs.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.