One for the Kombi fans.

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: One for the Kombi fans.

Post by T1 Terry »

Found the new stamped replacement RHD dash panel, at $875 and out of stock at the moment says this could turn into a rather expensive project :shock:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I would love to do something along those lines. But, you and I both know that our bodies aren't in a suitable condition to day stuff like that on a day to day basis. It's hard enough for my tired bag of bones to do switchboard stuff, with inly a bit of bending over and no laying on your back.
The steak in a glass is a different kettle of fish. :lol: Maybe one or two. :lol:
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

supersparky wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:47 pm I would love to do something along those lines. But, you and I both know that our bodies aren't in a suitable condition to day stuff like that on a day to day basis. It's hard enough for my tired bag of bones to do switchboard stuff, with inly a bit of bending over and no laying on your back.
The steak in a glass is a different kettle of fish. :lol: Maybe one or two. :lol:
You hire young people to do the hard yakka, all you need is the knowledge, required tickets and a workshop. I could even brush up on my spray painting skills and welding skills if needed, the money is there to do the conversions ........ you could buy a house and land on the rivers edge out of town to escape the noisy wake boats and jet skis, tie up the house boat and relax into retirement 8-) How's that sound for tempting .......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Very tempting Terry. But it will a few more years before Terrie is ready to give up the GC. Maybe when the gkids are a bit older.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.