T1 Terry

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
nut17

Re: T1 Terry

Post by nut17 »

Bloody Hell - That is absolutely devastating news. Terry has been my Aussie mentor on my NZ LiFePO4 path since 2012 and I cannot imagine what he is going through after this tragedy.

My thoughts are with you Terry & Margaret.

Cheers Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Thank you for your thoughts everyone, it was a shock to say the least. The Hino was in the workshop and it was totalled as well. The heat was so intense the jimny received a shattered LHR window and the plastic parts up the lefthand side melted, and it was parked three car widths away from the workshop. The Mazda was parked behind it and suffered melting on the plastic bits up the lefthand side as well. The flat bed truck was between those two and the workshop and all thjat was on the back was burnt and the plastic mudguard pieces melted. The Hino was parked infront of the workshop and was only driven in a few hrs before we locked up for the night, so it would have been destroyed anyway just from the heat and probably burnt both the truck, Mazda and Jimny along with the hedge, so maybe a small mercy there.
The Silver Prius was parked with the rear facing the roller door, far enough away that we had room to get the big Hino Bus motorhome out and the Hino inside the night of the fire. It has the plastic bits on the back melted and distorted and formed white bubbles in the tail light clear lenses. All the battery cells from the Blade were in the workshop, as were traction battery and the spare for the Prius along with the extended range battery.
The lithium titanate cells I bought to build a battery for the Blade and another for the Silver Prius, were also in the workshop ....... none of that is covered by insurance.

We have spent a lot of tie attempting to piece together just what was in the workshop that was part of T1 Lithium and what was part of the workshop, each item we think of starts the pain all over again, but it has to be done.

I just don't have it in me to go through all that work a second time to re-establish the business as a workshop based enterprise, maybe a travelling set up with maybe big bus as the mobile base towing a workshop sized trailer, but who knows, we have been warned, the insurance could take yrs to settle ...... Looks like I'll have to dust off the high heels, fishnets and short skirt and start working the street corners again :lol: :shock: At least the 1 cent and 2 cent coins are no part of the currency, so the takings should be better :D

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I'm glad that you haven't lost your sense of humour mate. The mobile workshop sounds like a good idea. At least that way, you wouldn't necessarily be tied to one place.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Dot

Post by Dot »

supersparky wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:05 pm I'm glad that you haven't lost your sense of humour mate. The mobile workshop sounds like a good idea. At least that way, you wouldn't necessarily be tied to one place.
But not the Rustic Inn, that would be another 20 yrs :lol: :lol: Have a look at Toolmans rig. perfect.. :D Set up pre arranged lectures / info sessions in your travel plans...
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
pet-els

Post by pet-els »

Check out Doc Wilson’s rig also a good set up.
PeterH
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Not good Terry but do not be surprise if they send a drone in to film what they want to see. Robert
Neil

Post by Neil »

OMG Terry and Margret, I only just heard about this when I popped in here to see what was happening your way. No way in hell did I expect to read this.
You must be devastated, all that hard work getting set up and getting your name out there.
Only a few days ago I contacted you regarding some small thing, I spoke to Margaret but she was more concerned with a medical issue I had and didn’t mention this.
Our hearts are breaking for you both, hopefully as one door closes another opens for the next chapter of your life
Regards
Neil and Lynne Fyffe.
Everything will be ok in the end, if everything is not ok then it is not the end!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Neil wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 6:46 pm OMG Terry and Margret, I only just heard about this when I popped in here to see what was happening your way. No way in hell did I expect to read this.
You must be devastated, all that hard work getting set up and getting your name out there.
Only a few days ago I contacted you regarding some small thing, I spoke to Margaret but she was more concerned with a medical issue I had and didn’t mention this.
Our hearts are breaking for you both, hopefully as one door closes another opens for the next chapter of your life
Regards
Neil and Lynne Fyffe.
Thank you Neil & Lynne, we still have the house so anytime you are over this way, please give us a call.
As far as the one door closing, the next one seems to have a trip wire waiting to slam in our faces when we get close, but who knows what the future holds ... at least we got paid out for the Hino, less expenses and other things they deem not covered :roll:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO