Fuel stops & caravans

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Fuel stops & caravans

Post by Greynomad »

LR tank installed. :)

We have yet to use it for touring, but the car's computer now says we have a range of 700-odd Km!
We did 550km before the fuel gauge decided to join the party. :shock:

As far as Ampol switching from Maccas to Hungry Jacks... makes no difference to us. We don't patronise either.
So long as they serve diesel.
Which reminds me: the roadhouse north of West Wyalong no longer caters for diesel-powered cars/4WDs... they've taken out the diesel bowsers on the forecourt and only have hi-flow diesel out back for semis. :o
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 1:01 pm T1,
The up-front cost of an EV Ute capable of towing a caravan is about FOUR TIMES what we paid for the MU-X.
Apart from that causing spousal apoplexy, we like to travel, not sit around refuelling/recharging stations. :roll:
What, you just drive from service station to service station, doesn't sounds like a fun trip to me ...... as far as the purchase price goes, deduct the fuel costs, servicing costs and resale price and you will find the MU-X was an expensive choice. If you ever stop at a powered site, you get a free "tank" fill while you are there ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

How about this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uUJyjckSMk No mention about towing capacity etc, but that will come when the Aust release is announced.
Those rear seats would fetch a good $$ if you removed them to add a set of those long drawer set ups the add to utes etc Plenty of room the use as the camper when you leave the caravan behind when doing those off road adventures :D

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

T1,
I watched the video.
For the cost of the base-line Kia EV9 I bought the MU-X, the caravan, and would have had enough spare change to put a 50% deposit (that's $20,000!) on a new Jimny! I don't remember hearing any mention of its towing capacity, either. :?
:shock:

So I've got a tow vehicle & normal transport and somewhere to eat & sleep when I reach my destination and a motza of loose change for the price of the Kia transport alone.
I also have not had to wait for Kia to release it in Aust...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

and Isuzu.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Greynomad wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 9:42 pm T1,
I watched the video.
For the cost of the base-line Kia EV9 I bought the MU-X, the caravan, and would have had enough spare change to put a 50% deposit (that's $20,000!) on a new Jimny! I don't remember hearing any mention of its towing capacity, either. :?
:shock:

So I've got a tow vehicle & normal transport and somewhere to eat & sleep when I reach my destination and a motza of loose change for the price of the Kia transport alone.
I also have not had to wait for Kia to release it in Aust...
Yeah, but besides that ...... :lol:

T1 Terry