Postal votes

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Busman

Postal votes

Post by Busman »

Due to the TKR I am not wishing to stand in line or be harangued by YES mobs at a polling place.
So, look at the AEC website for postal votes.
Says the latest postal votes can open, for a 14/10 refo is last night at 6 PM. Still not open.

Does this mean the refo is off ?

Or is the AEC a law unto itself and just makes up the rules as it goes along ?

Interesting times indeed !!

YES I see the typo in title but do not seem to be able to change.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Postal votes

Post by T1 Terry »

I can't remember how to fix it either :roll: But then I stand looking in the mirror each morning and go through the possible names for the old bloke staring back at me :? (Had to google if it was one r or two .... not in Terry :lol: , in staring or starring )

I'm not guided by Farcebook or conspiracy sites, so it isn't a definite no in my book, still time to research just who it is that's backing the no vote to find out what they are scared of happening ....

Remember all the B/S about E10 with the 10% ethanol and it was going to destroy the engine, eat the carby, destroy the fuel pump and injectors and fuel lines and tons of other nonsense, then Supercars started using E85 with 85% ethanol and they actually had fewer engine failures than when pump fuel was used .....
Wind turbines and infrasound that somehow affected people who weren't being paid to have them on their property, yet zero affect of the people who actually lived the closest to them ...... and somehow, in the 21st century, it didn't seem to be something that could be recorded so blind testing could be done to verify it ......

Now it's lithium batteries that explode in flames, it was LPG tanks before that ......

Microchips in the Covid vaccine .... I'd have 5 of them now yet I don't set the scanners off in the courts or the supermarkets ;)

Do people have so little happening in their lives that putting up conspiracy theories is the most entertainment they get these days?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Willem, I'm on the Gold Coast and we have only just received our application for a postal vote info, interestingly enough, from our newest federal members office, in today's post.
Obviously there is some sort of SNAFU in the AEC info page. Either that or it's all turned to shite.
I was hoping to receive the info booklet about the referendum that others have alluded to. But no, not yet. We've been out of the news bearing loop for a month or so, and still have received bugger all info about what the actual question will be.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Hello Dave,
Still screwed up on the AEC site, it amuses me that they put a deadline up, then ignore it. The wording is such that it says that 6 pm Monday (last) is the last possible time for a 14/10 refo, so if that deadline has passed, do they just ignore their earlier dictate, or does the refo have to be rescheduled because electoral law will be broken otherwise ? Interesting.

T1,
You are seeing a conspiraccy theory in anyone that has a differeing opinion than you, if you read the above and can find a conspiracy theory in there somewhere, good luck to you. I have been rapped over the knuckles for telling some on this forum that they should stop believing CT"s, now you accuse me of peddling them, Really ?
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Bill, if you try hard enough, you can find a conspiracy theory in breathing. Don't sweat it. In the fullness of time (please excuse the polity speak) the people of Australia will have cast their vote, and we will just all have to live with that decision, no matter whether it is the correct one, according to our political beliefs.
One day soon, I hope to crack a bottle of red with you, and have a fair old yack. But I've lost your contact details.
Could you PM them to me again please.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Eddy

Post by Eddy »

This worked for me to arrange postal vote to be sent out https://www.aec.gov.au/referendums/vote ... oting.html

Just followed the instructions, at the end can print off receipt number, a couple of hours later got an email acknowledging receipt of request
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

The good wife applied for ours yesterday afternoon no problems, sent a confirmation number. Cheers Robert
Busman

Post by Busman »

Yep seems that the whole website has changed and now the links above are in place. this beggars the question as to why the AEC made a clear statement that the latest possible time for postal voting to open was 6 pm on 11/09 for a 14/10 refo, when it seems they have now ignored their own statement. just another case of do what I say, not what I do ?
Busman

Post by Busman »

Interestingly this is still up on AEC website ?

Timing:
Postal vote applications are not yet open.
As per referendum laws, postal vote applications can only open when a writ is issued to the AEC.
For a 14 October referendum, a writ must be issued no later than Monday 11 September.
This means that the latest that postal vote applications will open is 6pm on Monday 11 September.
Postal vote applications will close at 6pm on Wednesday 11 October – providing, at a minimum, a full month for people to apply for a postal vote if they cannot make it in person.
People should only apply if they cannot make it to an in-person voting centre. There will be thousands of polling places open from 8am to 6pm on Sat 14 October, hundreds of early voting centres available in the two week early voting period as well as mobile voting and in-person voting centres overseas.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Busman wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:00 pm Hello Dave,
Still screwed up on the AEC site, it amuses me that they put a deadline up, then ignore it. The wording is such that it says that 6 pm Monday (last) is the last possible time for a 14/10 refo, so if that deadline has passed, do they just ignore their earlier dictate, or does the refo have to be rescheduled because electoral law will be broken otherwise ? Interesting.

T1,
You are seeing a conspiraccy theory in anyone that has a differeing opinion than you, if you read the above and can find a conspiracy theory in there somewhere, good luck to you. I have been rapped over the knuckles for telling some on this forum that they should stop believing CT"s, now you accuse me of peddling them, Really ?
Ummm.... can't see where I referred to you regarding conspiracy theories, I did post that I wasn't influenced by social media or conspiracy theories, then list a few of the conspiracy theories that have been floating around over the yrs, then question if these people had so little happening in their lives that posting conspiracy theories on line was the most entertainment they got these days .....
What was the conspiracy I missed in your post that I'm now being accused of attacking you over? They must be getting a tad more subtle if there is one in there .....

I did hear on one of the TV channels that the AEC was putting up a list of the mis-information being used on both sides of the debate, might be worth me having a read at some time before I vote, still a little less than a mth to decide one way or the other .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO