New Blue

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: New Blue

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:00 am
Greynomad wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:31 am You both look excited! :roll:

Is it the ICE or EV version?
Def not the EV one, the salesman had to tell G to put his arm around me :roll: :roll:
Ah, that's why you both look stunned and less than excited :lol: That ribbon on the front must play havoc with the wipers, hope it didn't rain on the way home .....
That is a nice Ford Blue Dottie, good choice, if it's only round town car (under 400km round trip) the EV version would have paid for itself over the time you plan to own it, and left change in your pocket, because you could have recharged it from the house solar and used the battery power at night .....
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
VicA

Post by VicA »

Very nice Dot and George.and the car too.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Is that what you wanted us to pick up Dot, have fun cheers
Dot

Post by Dot »

Terry I wanted a car with very little bells and whistles and I didn't like the electric one, and plus all the other hoops you have to jump through to even get to plug the thing into is worse than the bells and whistles. BTW I used to be a Blue V8'er when we had ours but changed to Red when my Terry was offed a job with naughty Peter B. Neither of them impress me now but I will follow Gizzy which ever way he goes.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Dot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:50 pm Terry I wanted a car with very little bells and whistles and I didn't like the electric one, and plus all the other hoops you have to jump through to even get to plug the thing into is worse than the bells and whistles. BTW I used to be a Blue V8'er when we had ours but changed to Red when my Terry was offed a job with naughty Peter B. Neither of them impress me now but I will follow Gizzy which ever way he goes.
Just like you had to learn how to open the fuel flap, remove the fuel cap, get the fuel bowser to turn on, then put the nozzle in the tank and play with it to get the tank full without it clicking out after very little fuel had actually gone in ... you had to learn all that, with an electric car, charging at home just requires you to plug it in, it won't go again until you unplug it so you can't drive off with the cord still plugged ... how much easier than that do you want?
Using a charger at a shopping centre etc, the newer EV's do the whole "handshake" when you plug in, your phone connects to the charging station and you can see from anywhere how much the battery is charged and it automatically debts your account with who ever you choose to be your EV charging service provider, you don't have to go anywhere to pay, it's all done on line. The free chargers are even better, RAA have a discounts with Chargefox and if for some strange reason, you run out of charge, they will tow you to the nearest charging station ..... but running out of charge is even harder than running out of fuel, the car will reduce speed for the last bit of battery capacity to ensure you make it to a charging station, but the alarms would have sent you around the bend well before then ....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Dot

Post by Dot »

Nah I will stick with what I know thank you. If I conk out I just ring people like the car has 7yr road side assist and also have RAA cover .If you would like to buy me a small EV go ahead, but I would rather put the $$ towards Brians health care :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:15 pm
Dot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:50 pm Terry I wanted a car with .......
................with an electric car, charging at home just requires you to plug it in, it won't go again until you unplug it so you can't drive off with the cord still plugged in...............

T1 Terry
Where's the fun in that? :lol: It would always amuse me to see the pics of some unfortunate that went into the servo and had a yack while the car filled, the paid and drove off. Oops
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Dot wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:13 pm Nah I will stick with what I know thank you. If I conk out I just ring people like the car has 7yr road side assist and also have RAA cover .If you would like to buy me a small EV go ahead, but I would rather put the $$ towards Brians health care :lol:
Nice car Dot, understand your feelings about EV's, have a couple of friends who have them one a Kona and the other a Nissan leaf. The kona owner is 83 and was very reluctant to get and EV, but was convinced by grand kids and after a couple of years wouldn't have anything else. He doesn't use all the bells and whistles, says he's saved a fortune in fuel and service costs and it come with a 10 year guarantee for batteries and motor. Plugs it in at home and it charges on his solar and gets money for his grid input, he has batteries and runs the house on those over night which means his car charging is free except when travelling and his house power is free. When he travels plugs it in wherever he stays and it charges overnight, which means he can stay somewhere every night and overall costs are reduced.

I'd get and EV, but still have over 10000lts of veggie oil at home so have no fuel costs, but when win lotto will get an EV :roll:
Dot

Post by Dot »

First of all you have to have the $$ to get an EV :lol: Friend of mine in NZ had an EV, battery was stuffed and she couldn't afford another so it sits up the yard all alone. How are your puppies doing NP?
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

Pups are fine Dot, since taking meat out of their diets completely Dax (8) has lost his arthritis and his hip problems have improved greatly to the point were he can now run down hill and trot along the flats. He still takes his time when we are bush walking sniffing everything and enjoys tug of war without yelping in pain.

Bindi has got used to being one eyed and now catches thrown sticks on the fly and thinks she's the ants pants of stick chasing. Catches the stick sticks her tail in the air and prances round and round, before charging at Dax and taunting him to take the stick. If that doesn't work and it never does she then charges at me to try to take the stick, when that doesn't work she goes ahead drops the stick backs off and points at it until I throw it. If I pass it by she grabs it and drops the stick right in front of me until it gets thrown. Now she has a new trick, runs ahead and hides in the grass which is now almost thigh high in the paddocks until we get opposite her then she jumps up and runs round and round with her tail in the air. Problem is she is black and even though the grass is very long, not hard to spot a black dog, especially one who puts her bum in the air with a wagging tail. Still sometimes runs into things on her blind side because she's not looking, but getting better and if I see she's going to crash into something yell at her look out and she does if not to late. :lol: