New toys

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

New toys

Post by T1 Terry »

I finally found time to assemble my late birthday present to myself, one of these https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-2100w ... lsrc=aw.ds and one of these https://www.bunnings.com.au/ozito-mitre ... lsrc=aw.ds

Putting the stand together was easy enough, but once I tried to mount the compound saw things went south and once all else failed, I had to open the instruction book :o

That turned out to be about as useful as a back pocket in singlet, so turned the saw upside down in its foam box insert and removed the mounts from the saw bench to see if I could figure out how the front bolts went in.
Turns out, they go up from underneath, the front ones first, then slide the mount forward so the back ones line up .... but still couldn't get one bolt in ....

Put it back on the work bench .... and of course, I'd mounted it back to front :roll:

Locked the mounts in place, removed the nuts and of course, the bolts fell out :twisted: Turns out, the saw must be mounted on the saw bench to keep it in place to turn the mitre table back to the zero position, all the way one way so it fitted in the box .... back to the instructions to figure out how to unlock that part, then it was possible to fit the last bolt ..... the bolts are too long so they foul the saw table ends that allow for the slide to travel .... by the time I got it together, it was past time to put it all away so Margaret could have her carport back ..... so I haven't got to play with it yet ;)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Re: New toys

Post by BernieQ2 »

Bunnings has classes for novices 😂😅😁
Bernie.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Thank those wonderful primary school teachers who taught you to read the manual. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Busman

Post by Busman »

Got one of those, even some of the commercial builders here use them.
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

dream4red wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:34 am Thank those wonderful primary school teachers who taught you to read the manual. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe the retired ones could teach manual writers the importance of writing the manual so the average primary school kid could read and understand it :lol:

My experiences through infants and primary school (two separate schools because there were so many kids at that time) were not my favourite part of my education experience, the infants school deputy head and headmistress, were old school, if you didn't write with your right hand, you didn't write at all, they seemed to think being left handed was something that could be fixed using the edge of the ruler, so I didn't learn to write until 2nd class, the bottom class, where they put the new from teachers college young lady .... she was ok with me writing with my left hand so I learnt how to write both letters and numbers in second class, so my maths learning started then as well really.
Primary school introduced me to the cane, naturally, on the left hand, then expected to write with blood blisters across my fingers ..... 5th class was the only class I really enjoyed, a good teacher who could see I got bored easily and would set advanced work to keep my mind active ....
6th class teacher was 30 secs from retirement so busy organising the choir and other "drama" events, so we spent most of the lesson time working from our text books and she would visit every hr or so to check our progress ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Geeze Terry, good thing that you learnt to read at all. Sorry you had such a crap experience with school.

I really think there is a job for anyone who can translate Chinglish manuals into Aussie, and that include marking the diagrams so that they make sense.
Deborah

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

dream4red wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:02 am Geeze Terry, good thing that you learnt to read at all. Sorry you had such a crap experience with school.

I really think there is a job for anyone who can translate Chinglish manuals into Aussie, and that include marking the diagrams so that they make sense.
This wasn't so much translating Chinglish to English, more, someone who had actually performed the task writing the instructions .....

As far as education goes, I had to pass a peer-review test as well as the course facilitator's criteria to get my workplace training and certification cert 4 that very few of my school or Tafe teachers would pass ...

Fortunately, schooling does teach how to search out knowledge and know how to separate the "wheat from the chaff" and the steps involved to achieve that, if all the steps are not possible to verify, then they should not be accepted as fact but rather a theoretical basis for the next step that will either back up or disprove the theory ...

Far too many things are passed as fact and in some cases, put into theoretical law, that are, in fact, incorrect .....

T1 Terry
Busman

Post by Busman »

At least SOME of the teaching has some life skills in sight, not much use in learning Ancient and Modern history as 2 different subjects. Ancient was from some guy we called bear, because his breath smelt like he had just consume a rotting carcass, even at the rear of the room.
Latin was from a Mr Wolf who thought it was the most beautiful thing in the world. He was so wrapped in it that he would not let you leave the room, even when sick. I asked to be excused several times, NO SIT DOWN. Knew I was going to spew so just decided to go outside, he got in front of me, too late, he copped it all. Most popular kid in Latin for next few weeks !!
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Terry agree totally.

Be careful what you say too loud, you could end up writing those crazy manuals yourself!...only joking, I know you have plenty to keep you occupied for the next fifty years.

Take care mate
Deborah

nut17

Post by nut17 »

I purchased a 12" version complete with folding stand - including slide out adjustable support rollers about 10 years ago for NZ$500 and it has done a lot of work. Have replaced the blade a couple of times and it is still performing really well. Being belt driven the 12" blade use can be maximised. For a second tier Chinese tool brand I do rate Ozito. I also have 3 of the 18 volt brushless drills. None of it comes close to the gold plated excellence of the Makita range that our son has invested in but Ozito definitely has reliability and value for money on it's side.
The cabin in the top photo was the last major project and it is currently being used to build a kwila deck around the new pool.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589