Panel removal.

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
VicA

Re: Panel removal.

Post by VicA »

In my case I found an existing outlet from the bus fuel tank. I believe that the bus had some kind of diesel heater originally, but had been removed I assume during conversion
The line went from the tank to a position just in front of the right rear wheel and plugged off.
It was perfect for my diesel heater installation.
Cheers
Vic
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Vic, I will check that out. The Isuzu we had I teed off from the main fuel line... never gave any angst.
Bernie.
VicA

Post by VicA »

The line was rubber hose about 3/8" from memory.
Best of luck
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

BernieQ2 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:45 pm It's not a water heater Bruce, heater for inside the motorhome. To keep us warm in the winter.
Bernie.
Yeah I knew that. I was just saying that if you look around you might find something like I linked to that you could get the door part to use as a door to your heater tank. (plus a heap of spares!)
Where is the fill for that tank now?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Besides the main tank Bruce.
Fill both at the same time.
Bernie
IMG20240207075034.jpg
It
IMG20240207075038.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

After rolling around under the motorhome...it may be possible to remove the tank without dropping the main tank.😡 Maybe.
I can't get to the top of the main tank as well... another bumma...
But I can reach the pipe fitting for the heater tank...it will be difficult, but possible... maybe 🤔. 🤔
At the moment I can't bring the motorhome out from under the shade shed everything is still too wet...and the ground under the motorhome is 2" gravel...not good for ones back...
I have thought of changing where the tank is...not alot of spare space that would be accessible to fill tank
Catch 22...😡😡 Still processing yesterday's attempt..
Bernie.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Bruce's idea of a door cut in could be taken a step further by making the whole panel over the fuel tank removable, cut it out, add tabs to the body with rivnuts in them, then re-attach the panel afterwards.
If you cut close to the panel joints, that would keep the body work straight, roll the edges of the piece you remove, or add a rolled edge, to keep that reasonable rigid, then you would have access to the fuel tank area ... you can decide if you want to fit another heater tank, or plumb into the existing fuel tank .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Thanks Terry, I have considered Bruce's suggestion, quite doable,it will be last resort 😁.
The original tank is about half full so usable, it's a ten litre tank..
And it's the reverse of my spare one I will put up photo of my spare.
Bernie
IMG20240208094618.jpg
IMG20240208094604.jpg
IMG20240208094609.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

"roll the edges of the piece you remove, or add a rolled edge, to keep that reasonable rigid, then you would have access to the fuel tank area'"

Can you elaborate more about that quote Terry How would one roll the edge or add a rolled edge ?...plus that would if done make it smaller a lot more than the hole it came from.
Bernie.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Bernie if you search Ebay for "deck hatch" you get many like this one. Choose your size.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/27593521204 ... UOCayauxYw
BruceS
Mannum, SA