"tanks" IVECO TANK

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Keith Morris

"tanks" IVECO TANK

Post by Keith Morris »

T1 Terry wrote:Moved from here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=74

"tanks" here Norman,
Looking at the pics in DOTS" post I like the work you have done on the Iveco.
The wall and roof insulation looks great --I have just started to insulate my Iveco and I have completed the walls with only the roof to go but I am holding off till I get the roof vents and the air-con hole cut out.

I now realise that mine is bigger and longer than yours, so I will have a lot more to handle.

I can't post a pic as I have tried many times but cant work out how to do it. What is your floor layout or floor plan ?. I intend to have my shower and toilet across the rear of the full length of the van with an entry door in the centre.

I plan to have the toilet on the drivers side and the shower and hand basin on the passengers side. This will give me plenty of room in the shower rather than have the limited space that the combined shower/toilet presents in the Sprinter. This setup also permits the use of the toilet with a degree of privacy when the shower is being used, plus you don't keep falling over the toilet when you have soap in your eyes.

By using the rear [barn style] twin doors for access to empty the toilet cassette I don't have to cut out an access door in the side of the van.

I have moved the bed to a new location just behind the drivers seat and I can put a 190 litre water tank in the space under the bed, and have all water services on one side of the van. This will also balance the weight of the 200 litre diesel long range tank, which is on the passengers side under where the sliding door is. I can fit the grey water tank under the shower beside the spare tyre.

I want to have the kitchen and sink on the driver's side against the toilet wall, and the 250 litre fridge/freezer on the opposite side against the shower wall. The stove and rangehood/exhaust fan is going to be on the driver's side on top of a cupboard with more cupboards/prep area on the passengers side for food storage etc.

Having the extra length and height in the LWB/ Hi-Roof Iveco lets me play around a bit with locating overhead cupboards for clothes and bits and pieces. The 22 inch tv, the dvd and cd, and the stereo will fit in the roof area above the drivers head.

What are your thoughts, and do you have any suggestions on this floor plan. It's not too late for me to change things around if there are better suggestions.
Keith.
ADMIN:- PLEASE MOVE THIS POST TO A DIFFERENT SECTION IF I AM IN THE WRONG PLACE.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: Norman's Sheep Pen

Post by T1 Terry »

I'm guessing you mean the toilet/shower, full width across the back of the van. Are you going to build it as one room, shower in one corner and toilet in the other? The benefit is the space inbetween becomes a shared use area, some where to pull the duds up after the toilet and some where to stand and dry yourself after the shower. Combining a roof vent for the shower/fridge and another for the toilet/rangehood would kill two birds with one stone so to speak, a chinaman hat vent with a computer fan to create the up draft works well for the shower/fridge, the rangehood vent with the fan inside mounted on the roof and the toilet vent piped all the way up to the fan base would help keep odours out of the van as well.
Is it possible to mount the water tank under the floor/ Helps to keep the centre of gravity low.
Just thoughts.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
SteveW

Re: "tanks" IVECO TANK

Post by SteveW »

Keith Morris wrote:"tanks" here Norman,

I now realise that mine is bigger and longer than yours, so I will have a lot more to handle.
:roll:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
wanderer

Re: "tanks" IVECO TANK

Post by wanderer »

SteveW wrote:
Keith Morris wrote:"tanks" here Norman,

:roll:
His van Steve................His van.................. :lol: :lol: :lol:
shonky

Post by shonky »

Hi, all.

When in Brunswick Heads last year the owner of a not quite new Mercedes van told me he had arranged for a local company to fit a precast shower unit. The job took longer than expected because the unit was all rough on the floor and it needed sanding off and gelcoating.

See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
See you on the back roads,
shonky et al.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Thank you wanderer for that clarification :lol: (Boys and their toys) :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

[quote="T1 Terry"]I'm guessing you mean the toilet/shower, full width across the back of the van. Are you going to build it as one room, shower in one corner and toilet in the other? The benefit is the space inbetween becomes a shared use area, some where to pull the duds up after the toilet and some where to stand and dry yourself after the shower. Combining a roof vent for the shower/fridge and another for the toilet/rangehood would kill two birds with one stone so to speak, a chinaman hat vent with a computer fan to create the up draft works well for the shower/fridge, the rangehood vent with the fan inside mounted on the roof and the toilet vent piped all the way up to the fan base would help keep odours out of the van as well.
Is it possible to mount the water tank under the floor/ Helps to keep the centre of gravity low.
Just thoughts.

"tanks" here T1 Terry:-
Yes, the shower and toilet will be in one room across the back of the van, (the area 6 ft and about 3 ft deep), with a door/access in the centre of a partition/wall which I will have to build. I think that I will only need one (1 ft x 1 ft) roof vent, with a 12 volt exhaust fan for the combined shower and toilet area. The shower will only have a pull-across shower curtain for privacy.

The 240 volt reverse cycle inverter air-conditioner (when I buy it) will fit in a cut out area about 2/3rd towards the back of the van in the house area, to provide cooling and heating in the eating and sleeping area from a land line or from my aux 3.5 kva petrol generator.

The rangehood with 12volt lights, filter, and a 12 volt exhaust fan is for above the stove/cooking area. I have one of these rangehoods that I can use from the old caravan I have. I also have a 4 way hatch type vent without a fan that I could also recover from the caravan and use in the Iveco.

I have seen what looks like good roof vent with 12 volt fan on e-bay for around $100.00, and there are other models around the same price without the 12 volt fan but with a shade curtain for a bit less. I would like to have a roof vent near the sliding door end of the van that I could open for ventilation, similar in size to the Fiamma Turbo Vent that I have in my Sprinter ---but without the $ 600.00 ++ price tag. The Iveco has flat areas between the roof ridges/pressing that could be cut out to locate the vents. they measure around 500(l) x 500(w) x 50(d).

The normal diesel tank is on the drivers side and the long range tank is on the passengers side. I appreciate the Centre of Gravity factor and thank you for bringing this to my notice T1 Terry, however I was thinking that the water tank could be filled using a hose through the sliding door without too much trouble, rather than having to cut a hole in the van wall and fitting a dedicated filler point outside the van. The 200 litre tank in the section under the bed should last me at least 2 weeks before having to fill the tank again.

The tank will be about 3ft (l) x 2ft (w), and will take up less than half of the area under the bed (which is 6ft 6ins x 2ft 6ins.) , with the batteries in a dedicated locker also under the bed. I was thinking of using a poly type tank and having it located inside the van, which would eliminate the need for a stone guard and mounting brackets. There is enough room to mount a drinking water filter in the tank area, and run the pipes/hoses with a 12 volt pressure pump to the sink, toilet and shower.

The builders quoted me around $ 500.00 to $650.00, to supply and install a locking outside shower point. They want around $ 4,000 supply and fit a fibreglass/moulded type shower cubicle, but would not give me a firm quote. I reckon that I can buy a shower base around 900 x 900 from Bunnings for $ 180.00 and build walls on 3 sides around the base for a lot less. I am also thinking that I can fit a few "Tees" in the hot and cold water lines to the hand basin, with access thru one of the rear doors for when I want to use the outside shower ----like times when "Russell" has found some road kill, or some stinking thing to roll in and rub all over himself.

There is not enough room under the body on the driver's side to put the main water tank there because of the driver's side 85 litre diesel tank.

I would like to locate the GAS water heater in a cupboard under the stove and the sink, and that way I would have the gas bottle, and the pipes, and connections for the stove and water heater with minimum "run" from the LPG gas storage locker (with outside access and another hole to cut into the side of the van).

Sorry I can't post a pic of the progress but I don't know how to do this; although I have tried several times and just get so frustrated that I have to charge off and have a beer with my mate down the road.
Over-to-You, Keith

[/color]

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

:lol: why bother with a shower curtain Keith? guess dear Russell does need his eyes and mental well being protected :lol: Go for it.. Maybe the Boss can help with your pic posting probs send him a PM.. :D Norman is down the street getting more ply and stuff. Getting hot again so I don't think he will be out there too long today :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Help to post a photo. (or 3)

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=911
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Keith Morris

posting photos on the Forum

Post by Keith Morris »

admin wrote:Help to post a photo. (or 3)

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=911
"tanks" here --- thanks ADMIN for the instructions.
I have managed to print this out on the printer so as I can refer to it when I try again.
I know it sounds simple and easy but ---- some things are beyond me.
Keith.