My Bus

Please feel free to describe your motorhome, campervan or caravan. (make, model, length etc)
Kelvin12

Re: My Bus

Post by Kelvin12 »

I wanted more loops and swirls like the American flashy show ponies, but that got quite a hostile reception, so guess who won out. Not really in a position to demand my way when the budget has really gone through the roof. Humble pie at its best. Maybe later....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

I wanted more loops and swirls here, like the american show ponies, but that idea got quite a hostile reception, so guess who got their way. Not really in a negotiating position here on this when the budget has blown right out. Eating humble pie..... until the smoke blows away. Still have to paint the lower panels when the humidity finally goes.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Inside inside inside Dirk, girls are not bothered with the tin bits.. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Steady Dot, this took me hours to get this far with the photos. Have to do some cleaning up inside before I take any more photos. Only go to do these today as we still have everything stacked up from the flood and can't get anything done. Just waiting to see what Queensland is going to send us down in this next deluge. Typical cane toads, want to share the love with everyone, especially down south.

Dirk
Wilbor

Post by Wilbor »

Kelvin12 wrote:Steady Dot, this took me hours to get this far with the photos. Have to do some cleaning up inside before I take any more photos. Only go to do these today as we still have everything stacked up from the flood and can't get anything done. Just waiting to see what Queensland is going to send us down in this next deluge. Typical cane toads, want to share the love with everyone, especially down south.

Dirk
In fairness, someone down there did ask for it to be sent down. Now I did warn them that last time someone had a similar request Bundy, Rocky and Gladstone got beat up :shock: Soooo, all I can suggest is stop asking for it :) :)

Great job on the bus :)
Rob
Swagman
WILBOR-TOO
Why I Like Being On Road - Too
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Thanks Rob, appreciated, the bus comment that is.....Lol. You Qld'ers are such generous folk.

Dirk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Seems a step in the wrong direction having to scrub the Zincalume off the panels before you paint them. Bloody 2 pk paint, sticks to some things but not others, seems to make excellent adhesion to clothes, hair and skin though :twisted: I still haven't got the white ot of my hair, and it was yrs ago I sprayed the inside :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
wanderer

Post by wanderer »

T1 Terry wrote:Seems a step in the wrong direction having to scrub the Zincalume off the panels before you paint them. Bloody 2 pk paint, sticks to some things but not others, seems to make excellent adhesion to clothes, hair and skin though :twisted: I still haven't got the white ot of my hair, and it was yrs ago I sprayed the inside :lol:
:roll: :roll: And I suppose next you'll try to convince us the grey is just undercoat. :roll: yer right. :lol: :lol:
Kelvin12

Post by Kelvin12 »

Same problem with the white hair, knew it wasn't just old age. But I am sure most of it is down to married life, happy wife..... now that's mission impossible....Lol.

Wattyl make a 1K etch that works really well prior to 2K. Can also be used as a primer, but I still like to give it a few coats of primer regardless Weathering does the same and neutralizes the zinc. Haven't had a problem before as long as its etched.

Dirk
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Wattyl make a 1K etch that works really well prior to 2K.
Is that the one with the young lady rock climbing a sheer wall on the label? I've used that one quite a bit, always use the same thinners in all the paints as well, standard acrylic thinners.
The enamel doesn't seem to have a problem with the zincalume, but even after 20yrs service on my ex passenger bus, a scrap with a chisel edge at a paint chip would lift many coasts of paint and leave the clean zincalume under neither, it just won't key into it. I've seen converted buses resprayed in 2 pk and the whole section of a panel's paint will just lift off after a mth or so of the heat and cold, often while driving. We had many stories from the many bus converters we spoke to before starting our conversion, failed 2pk resprays, sometimes more than once, final fix, scrub all the zincalume off with a scourer pad on the buffer was the fix.
When I saw the scrubbed metal on one of your door skins, I assumed that was what you had done in preperation for spraying.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO