Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
dream4red

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by dream4red »

You were lucky to get the bees removed Dot. It can be really hard to find the right person and not always a safe event. xxxx

Council rates are in again. I don't feel like it was really three months since the last lot. Time is flying while we can't go anywhere.

Did a quick grocery shop today, just for the things that I hate getting from online shopping. Fruit n veg and meat are things I like to choose for myself. So that was a speedy shop, followed by a chemist visit. He didn't have one of my important drugs, so that was a bummer. Says he will ring when he gets some more, bet he forgets. I have receipt to show, so it wont be lost, just a PITA.
Glass was only ok, so decided to start over again. Nothing new there, it's just a waiting game and then it will be lovely or thrown out. NOt much gets tossed out, so it had better start to look lovely soon.

Sleep tight you lot xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Coupla months ago we had a swarm of bees decide that one of our trees would make a good home. Unfortunately it was in the middle of a garden bed.
We called in our next-door neighbour, who kept several beehives as a hobby.
He came up (sans protective gear), found the queen & put her in a cardboard box he brought with him. The rest of the bees obediently followed her into the box and he took them home to a spare hive box he had on hand. 😁
Simples!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Lady at the back of us also has had a couple of bee swarms over the past couple of months, removed for free. Hope your headache has gone now Deborah. Tomorrow is my day of pressure cleaning but only going to do an hr at a time as it is rather tiring. Q/ What do you people use for mulch on your gardens? straw, hay, pea straw etc ? Brian spent the day snoozing under a lavender bush which was loaded with bees but they didn't bother him, even bees are scared of my pussy. :lol: Time to say Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hey Dot, you resting after another busy day? No need to rush the jobs and finish in one day, mate. We use bales of mushroom compost to mulch and the headache is back under control now thanks for asking Dot xxxx

Hope you got lots of free honey from the neighbour, Ray. Nothing better than honey from your local area to beat any pollen allergies that may annoy you.

Did a bit of admistrivia today, sorting out the caravan rego. What a pita. We can't rego until we have passed an inspection by mechanic. Problem is that our mechanic has left town and moved to twenty minutes away. He no longer will come to the house to do the check. He suggested a guy to ring. After listening to his spiel of what he can and can't do, he finished with the fact that he will not look at any van that is parked on grass. It must be on a hard surface. It would be as much effort to get it off the grass as it would be to drag the brut up the steep and narrow driveway. So the van will go to our usual man, hopefully on the way out for our next escape....more soon, but hopeful of a real escape.

Had some bulbs arrive in the post today. Annoyingly they had been in the post office system for so long that some of the bulbs are actually mouldy. I still planted them, in the hope that the mould might get cleaned up by a worm. But my warning is simple, until the post office can do regular deliveries, I wont be ordering bulbs or plants online. I haven't bothered to contact Tesselar, because it is not their fault that the po is not as good as they usually are.

Kiln is hot.
night all xxx
Deborah

BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Dot wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:10 am Lady at the back of us also has had a couple of bee swarms over the past couple of months, removed for free. Hope your headache has gone now Deborah. Tomorrow is my day of pressure cleaning but only going to do an hr at a time as it is rather tiring. Q/ What do you people use for mulch on your gardens? straw, hay, pea straw etc ? Brian spent the day snoozing under a lavender bush which was loaded with bees but they didn't bother him, even bees are scared of my pussy. :lol: Time to say Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Pet-els x :D
Wood chip here Dot.
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Dot, we use the sugar cane straw that comes in a little bale from the big green shed. Years ago, used oaten straw when it was plentiful. Or pea hay if you could get some.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dottie,
There’s a marvellous mulching product available at Bunnings, “WhoFlungDung” (seriously!). Basically, chook poo with added extras & composted ready for use.
Made by Neutrog in SA. We buy 15~20 bales (20kg) at a time for our 150 roses & other plants.
Not sure what quantities you need… a bale does about 10~15 roses. 👍
5A32E051-5CCF-46B1-9044-FD575A3B1F29.jpeg
3D0672B8-0A1F-407F-8B14-E9F4C0AEC3F6.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

dream4red wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:19 am Hope you got lots of free honey from the neighbour, Ray. Nothing better than honey from your local area to beat any pollen allergies that may annoy you.
=======
Not free, Deb. It’s his side business. But we have not bought honey from a supermarket in over 7 years, and we get a ‘neighbour’s discount’. 😀
=======
Had some bulbs arrive in the post today. Annoyingly they had been in the post office system for so long that some of the bulbs are actually mouldy. I still planted them, in the hope that the mould might get cleaned up by a worm. But my warning is simple, until the post office can do regular deliveries, I wont be ordering bulbs or plants online. I haven't bothered to contact Tesselar, because it is not their fault that the po is not as good as they usually are.
=======
Bummer about mouldy bulbs… we’ve just ordered coupla hundred dollars of Iris bulbs from Wagga Wagga. Coming via AustPost. 🤔😳
=======
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, you out n about adventuring in the big smoke again or just bushed from shovelling crap all over the gardens? xxxx

Ray, hope you get your bulbs arrive in better condition than mine. You may not have to get all your packages through Sydney, where many great hold ups seem to happen. The hammer shop has whoflungdung here too, but it's way over the top in price range. You should be getting your honey at a discount, your flowers are feeding his bees. We had a similar arrangement with a friend who is an apiarist, but she moved away from our area and her bees don't visit my garden now, so the price of her honey has gone up. :lol:

Had a different day here. It is really feeling like summer. Dashed to the chemist to collect a script that they couldn't fill on Monday. The centre was almost empty, it was a nice feeling to be able to shop in a quiet time. After all the excitement of spending some more money, I rushed home to check on the kiln.

Well, the glass is back in tonight being flattened again. It was not a good shape at all, so must have been too hot in the firing again. Another wine bottle is getting flattened as well, so there is no wasting another night in the kiln.

Time for some shut eye, night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

Thanks for the mulch ideas. Had a lovely surprise today, lady we knew yrs ago but is also friends with the rock spiders wife (Gmans X) she came around with a bunch of flowers for me.. I did wonder what was the agenda but hey it was a nice thing to do. Did you all get excited with the world breaking news tonight about the soccer player???? He is a happy fella, who gives a shite? Guess he needs some company and what better way to get noticed is to make a debut on TV,Give me a break FFS. I am straight and proud of it :lol: :lol: Did some pressure cleaning today but played havoc . Time for bed so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bobr x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.