President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: President Clown’s Unbeatable Logic

Post by Greynomad »

Well! Ex-President Clown has escaped justice again!

Anyone who has read “The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich” will by now be feeling an acute case of deja vu!

I weep for the self-described “Heart of Democracy”.
I give it a maximum life of five years. Less if The Clown is re-elected as President in 2024! I think I should change and refer to him as Der Fuhrer...
The crazy thing is that Senator Mitch McConnel condemned The Clown for inciting the rioters immediately after the invasion of the Capitol, and again after the Senate vote, yet he voted for acquittal!
Fear of deadly retribution from Trump Cult supporters must be pretty strong among US Federal politicians...
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I thought that the main reason against impeaching 'the Donald', was that he is no longer the President. I didn't think that the US constitution allowed for the impeachment of a non-siiting president and that is what they used as a reason not to carry through with it. Most of my American friends thought he was the best thing to happen for many years, because of the good that he did. But we didn't hear about any of that and just called him a nutter. Time will decide on whether that is right or not.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Time will tell, we were told by a visiting American that Donald didn't have a chance of being elected but hey elected he was & many, many voted for him again recently, interesting to see what transpires in the future.
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

David,
He was impeached and tried for actions while he was President. (And it wasn’t just his January 6th speech, but at least a year of claiming that ‘if he didn’t win, it was a rigged election’ which created the mindset of the Capitol rioters.)
Arguing that, as he is no longer President, he shouldn’t be convicted, is arguing that because a bank robber is no longer in the bank, it’s unfair to pursue him in the courts.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think it was on that ABC show on Friday night, Planet America, where they interviewed a member of the Trump defence team. He explained that the actual crimes to gain an impeachment were " Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanours" and this was the part that would make it extremely difficult to impeach him for his actions.

He went on to say that even though they would not get an impeachment through, there was no reason why other criminal charges couldn't be brought against him and proven that would block him from ever holding a govt position again.

They also interviewed the Impeachment manager for the democrats team .... what ever that is, about the chances of getting a conviction and she was clear that they knew they would not win the case. When asked why they were doing it then, the reply was to make a point in the history books for future generations that such actions would not go unchallenged and hopefully the constitution would be changed to make it easier to get a conviction if such an action was to ever occur again.

I can understand where they were coming from, how would future generations view such actions not being highlighted and challenged, otherwise there was the risk of history being rewritten to clear Donald of any wrong doing.

Hopefully this is only the first steps and the future legal actions will be based on better grounds .... I doubt we have seen the end of Donald's legal issues with him trying to rally citizens to over turn an election that he lost using the same voting system that got him elected 4 yrs ago.

What worries me the most is the way he has blurred the lines between truth and an alternative truth, based on the number of people you can get to believe the alternative version ........ I believe it will cause serious problems for society in general as a result, so much doubt about anything actually being true any more that the strength gained by believing what you are doing is the right thing will no longer be there .... there will always be doubt if what you believe is the truth or an alternate truth ......

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

He’s finding it hard to get a defence team together.
Funny that. Just because he won’t listen to their advice and won’t pay them... how dare they turn down the Ex-Prez!
And if/when he does find a gullible lawyer who is desperate to ‘make a name for himself’, the writ-servers will be queued up at the door...
“Take a number and wait till we call you.” 🤭🤣

The State of Georgia looks like being first in line... ‘Attempting to pervert the election process’; New York will be up at the head of the queue... ‘Criminal activities by his various businesses — take your pick which ones’; ‘Sexual assault’ any of a dozen (or more) women, many from the Miss America pageant...
The list is quite impressive!
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Ray, I'm not trying to defend him. I think he had criminal intent. But that is how the news feed that I was watching explained it. I dont think anyone understands US law, not even them. Some of the Republican Senators would only have voted not guilty because they didn't want the nutters hunting them down, or worse, not voting for them next time.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think there was concern that if it wasn't rock solid grounds for the impeachment the whole thing could have been contested and screw up the who process dragging it out even longer and stopping more important things getting done by the new govt.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

It seems that Joe Biden & Mitch McConnell agree on one thing: Leave it to the courts to pursue The Clown now.
Politics got in the way of justice twice.
Time to let the lawyers have a proper go without the risk of politics getting him off the hook yet again... unless it gets up to the Republican-stacked Supreme Court. :roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--

W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

If he gets done on other crimes eg tax evasion, Stormy Daniels ++++ and other underhanded things it would be the same as here wouldn't it :?: ie that a convicted person can not run for any public office high jobs???
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.