NSW National Parks concession passes

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Peter and Sandra

NSW National Parks concession passes

Post by Peter and Sandra »

I've just received notice that my NP pass that is provided to concession card holders free will no longer linked to me but will be linked to a vehicle rego like most other NP passes.
Currently the pass is carried by me in my wallet and as long as it is displayed on the dash of any vehicle I'm in then that vehicle is not subject to an entry fee for national parks in NSW.
The replacement though is linked to ONE vehicle rego which means if we fit it to our campervan we can no longer visit NP's in the wife's runabout or my old ute.
As this applies to pensioners, disability and health card holders it is just plain crazy, I doubt whether NP's will allow more than one vehicle to be linked to the pass or issue a pass for every vehicle someone owns.
Maybe we should all write to our local member regarding this bureaucratic stuff up, I would but we don't have one as he was kicked out for unseemly conduct.
I have written to NP's but don't hold much hope of a sensible solution.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
dream4red

Re: NSW National Parks concession passes

Post by dream4red »

Peter, just a thought. Like you get 2 vehicle regos with pensions etc, you could maybe have a pass attached to the vehicle in your name and your wife could have a pass on her car? Is this worth following up? Agreed that the local member, if you could ever find one, would be a good place to start. In your case, write to the minister for whoever deals with the parks. Good luck with your pursuit.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Write to the opposition as well that can stir the pot if enough do it. Cheers Robert
Peter and Sandra

Sandra isn't old enough for a pension card and I've written to everyone suggested. thanks
I put this post up to make people aware of what is happening as until you renew you aren't aware of the changes which was my case.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I also found this information out recently when we went to renew our NP passes, we need one to visit our closest beaches.

Also you have to apply online or attend Service NSW to get one, the actual NP offices no longer issues same.

We often go to the beach with our son & g'sons in his vehicle so will no longer be able to use the pass to enter the NP.👎👎
Shirley & Bruce.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

NSW NPs Service seems to have a peculiar idea of the meaning of the last word of their title.
Some years ago we visited the Warrumbungles NP.
We were driving our motorhome with car on trailer.
Parks bod wanted to charge us an entry fee for each registered vehicle!
I argued that we would only be using one vehicle at a time, so the pass would be switched between vehicles as each was used. He would have none of it.
So I asked, “If a car towing a registered caravan comes in, do you charge them twice?”
“Of course not!” he replied.
“Well then,” I said, “we’re just doing the same thing backwards, driving our caravan and towing our car.”
He allowed us in on one fee, ‘just until I check with HQ’.
We heard no more about it the whole five days we stayed. 😀
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Ok, after being told at the NP office to go to Service NSW to obtain pass, I did as I was told :lol: went to Service NSW only to be told, " we can't issue that here, I'll give you a form to fill out & you'll have to post it in, " think the govt., is just making it more difficult to obtain a pass. :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Peter and Sandra

I received a reply to my complaint email. all it basically said was to go online to renew the pass.
So I sent another email back complaining that they hadn't replied to or even acknowledged there was a problem.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

I posted off my application form, I did try to apply for same online but the attempt wasn't successful, :D Still waiting to receive pass.
I would often take the four g'sons to our closest beach in my son's vehicle but as the pass is now linked to my vehicle I would not be able to use his vehicle.
We did have the Coaster & Isuzu MUX, don't know if you would be able to link the pass to two vehicles or if you could apply for two passes? :?
Shirley & Bruce.
Peter and Sandra

They did say in their reply that concession holders could apply for a second pass at 50% off for another vehicle. Otherwise get one for 15% off when you renew the rego like everyone else.