Now how the #%^@ do we get it home....

If you are looking for an item please place your request in here!
GoinBush

Re: He wants a bus...NOW!!

Post by GoinBush »

Sounds like a plan!......and put the Vitara on the roof? :lol:

Anyone in Qld want to buy a noice Grand Vitara?
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

GoinBush wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm I’ll put you all out of your misery....Bernie and Carol’s bus is SOLD!!

I’d like to thank Terry very much for his advice, David for putting up the link, my parents for raising me and God, I’d like to thank God. :lol: :lol:

A t LAST WE HAVE FOUND A MOST BEAUTIFUL BUS that we both actually like. The alternative was that we were about to throttle each other and buy a bloody tent to hide the bodies in.

Now. Terry. Darling. Pet. .....do ya wanna fly up and get it for us???? :mrgreen:
That would be too cruel. If I hadn't known you were in the markets for a great converted motorhome I would have bought it as soon as he put it up for sale, so then flying up there and driving all the way back home would have really hurt :cry:
Why don't you two fly up there and have a long holiday driving it back so you get a feel for how it drives and what little things you might want to change to make it yours.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

I suggested that Terry ...but someone won't fly .
I won't mention her name ?
But you can . Fly that is .
Bernie .
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

BernieQ wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:24 am I suggested that Terry ...but someone won't fly .
I won't mention her name ?
But you can . Fly that is .
Bernie .
:shock: Still mastering the walk on water thing, so not quite ready to try that out. Rego is going to be the other tricky bit, ya need to be a Qld resident to transfer rego into that name and you have to have a road worthy mechanical inspection? Can you do the week booked into a caravan park in Qld and use that as a property retail validation to get Qld residency?

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

No they wont allow the caravan park thingy .
I do have a brand new heavy vehicle road worthy starts from next Tuesday for 12 months , along with the 12 months rego also on Tuesday .
I don't think there would be a problem if the bus was driven to SA then the plates handed back to me .?
Draconian laws we have in Aus .
Bernie .
GoinBush

Post by GoinBush »

Never fear blokes :D

Bus will probably by-pass SA and go over the top and down to the desert.....where the beer is cold and the remote coppers are friendly ;)

Will email you soon Bernie with a bit of a plan you might like :D
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

Janelle, You might wish to rename this thread now. :D To something like " And how do we get it home " You can insert the **##!@#$ wherever you think they may be required. We bought our Winny from Bathurst NSW and the cook decided that it must be transferred into Qld rego ASAP. Only cost around $4700, rego and stamp duty on the transfer. The stamp duty you cannot escape, but if you could wangle a Qld address then........??
Oh, and congratulations on your purchase. Bernie and Carol put their heart into this one.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

supersparky wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:04 pm Janelle, You might wish to rename this thread now. :D To something like " And how do we get it home " You can insert the **##!@#$ wherever you think they may be required. We bought our Winny from Bathurst NSW and the cook decided that it must be transferred into Qld rego ASAP. Only cost around $4700, rego and stamp duty on the transfer. The stamp duty you cannot escape, but if you could wangle a Qld address then........??
Oh, and congratulations on your purchase. Bernie and Carol put their heart into this one.
You can... but you have to be a Veteran, TPI, with Gold card... but only effective on a new purchase, no stamp duty or GST once every 2 years.
My recent purchase was my 2nd in 10 years.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
homeless

Post by homeless »

Gee me thinks a good chance for a nice train journey holiday. Get train from Adelaide to Melbourne then Sydney then to destination. Good week, with a day in each capital and then the slow journey home. 300Kms a day with only travel allowed two days a week. How long will that take LOL. Thats was what my rules were. If I liked a spot and had food and water why leave :lol:
12 × 5 house boat moored at the present in Mannum Waters Marina.
Converting to LiFePo4 for float alone status
bagmaker

Post by bagmaker »

can recommend the sleeper cab, take a pillow otherwise