New Forum Owner Announcement

General notices to members from Moderators & Administrators.
BruceS
Site Admin

New Forum Owner Announcement

Post by BruceS »

I would personally like to thank everyone for making this Forum a place that makes everyone feel at home ever since Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:02 pm. I have always thought of the Forum as being OURS .... belonging to every member who joined over that time.

Terry & Margaret Covill have kindly decided / offered to take it on and I'd like to wish them well into the future.
I will be staying around for quite some time & will assist them as much as I can during and after the learning process.

I'll leave all the decisions regarding Moderators and Administrators and any other changes they may make.

I'd just like to mention that as I created the forum more as a hobby than a 'duty' I have covered all outgoing costs but in the future I'd think that the new owners will more than likely attempt to recover some or all of their costs so I hope you members are 'understanding' about it if & when it happens.

Thankyou all from Wendy & Bruce.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Vik351

Re: New Forum Owner Announcement

Post by Vik351 »

There goes the solar work... :-o

vik...;-)
Merk 4x4 VF30 519 CDI 2020 LWB V6TD 3 ltr 6 wheeler ,Tenorite Grey ... yep, it's not white ...!!! 8-)
Chuck

Post by Chuck »

Bewdy... keeping it in the 'family'.
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I did think about labelling ourselves Moderator 1 and Admin 1 like on a forum many of us were on in times past, but it was only for a second or so :lol:
Thank you Bruce for all your hard work and the even harder job you have coming up to try and teach me how to do the forum back room stuff. I guess once Margaret understands how it's done she can remind me every hr or so for the next few yrs while it finally sinks in :roll:

For those who are wondering, Margaret will be the ADMIN person, I'll still be a moderator and hopefully the others that have already put their hand up to be moderators will stay and help us.

T1 Terry & Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Mrcoolabah1au

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

So when do we book in no you have a second job 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Mrcoolabah1au wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:58 pm So when do we book in no you have a second job 🤔
When you have changed all the 10 cent pieces you earned (while wearing the mini skirt, fishnets and high heals) for $50 notes and you reckon you have enough of them to pay the big boss :lol:
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Grandad

Post by Grandad »

Good news.
Bruce, I trust you are sticking around as a member?

Well done Terry and Margaret.
I'm up for a subscription fee if you chose to go that way to cover costs. Not a problem.

Jim
There Comes a time in life, when you must walk away from all drama and the people who create it
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

After the dust settles, I'll put up one of those voting things with a few options to gauge how the members feel about different options to cover the funding. The Prius forum has wall to wall ads if you are just viewing as a guest but if you sign up to become a member and sign in each time, the ads go away. The boat forum has lots of ads but you can buy a premium membership to make the ads go away. I believe there are a few RV forums that it costs money to join and remain a member, there are other forums where a few make donations to make the forum ad free for all.
Lots of options, just need to find out which fits best with the membership here, so a poll where the active and maybe the not so active members can vote for their preferred financing option and we can go from there.

T1 Terry
Swisslulu

Post by Swisslulu »

Thank you Bruce for all your hard work over the years and to Wendy for her forbearance.

And a big thank you to Terry and Margaret for taking over. I’m sure most of us will be happy to contribute financially (whichever way is the decision) to keep this friendly and knowledgeable forum going.

We will be seeing you Crow Eaters in the not too distant future and look forward to sharing a bottle of red to celebrate the transition.

Cheers
Lesley & Erich
dapope

Post by dapope »

Enjoy the fun Terry and Margaret, and Bruce, thankyou for the last few years.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..