Money and Self-isolation

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Shirley

Re: Money and Self-isolation

Post by Shirley »

Terry, I have far to much in my life than to do anything but laugh off the comments on this forum & opinions being posted, we certainly are all entitled to differ in our opinions & beliefs without being accused of being one sided or anything else.
As posted better to be nice to each other & show some respect, I'm always telling my 4 young my g'sons to be respectful. :D
Shirley & Bruce.
grizzzman

Post by grizzzman »

T1 Terry wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:33 pm Seems to be the way vaccines go, you get jab, crook for a few days and then fine, rather than no jab and crook real bad for weeks or mths till the body either builds up anti bodies to kill the virus off, or the other way around :twisted:
Please keep us posted on how things turn out for the family, do you have to get a vaccine shot as well because you are exposed to any virus they might bring home with them? Not the sort of work you want brought home but the virus doesn't seem to care how it gets around so no one is safe until they can protect themselves from the inside out.

We have just had another state go into lock down, Western Australia, it has been locally acquired virus free for 10mths. Seems a hotel security guard has contracted the new strain that is more contagious than the other strain and from the info we get via the news channels (sus I know) he contracted it by simply being stationed on the same floor of the hotel that an infected recent arrival from England was in quarantine ..... but who knows how close the contact might have been ..... a security guard in another state was sacked for having a "too close" contact with someone in quarantine ......
This security guard also had a job as a ride share driver (Uber type thing) so the spread could go rampant through the community .... so the state premier sprang a sudden lock down for a week to see if it does go wide spread or they have managed to contain it .... the lock down could be extended if things go pear shaped over there.
W.A. was the state that lock all the other states out up until only a few days ago ..... now all the other states as banning anyone trying to enter from W.A. :roll:

T1 Terry
Well, my wife and kids are well. Thanks for your support. Although my profession is considered essential, no shots for me. (yet) I have been from one end of this state to the other end since the start of this mess. Guess I have been lucky :shock: Got the EectroDacus goodies yesterday. CDC here is now recommending "duel" mask's now. Good grief.
2019 F150 Ecoboost SuperCrew
2016 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504S Trailer
640 Watts solar ElectroDacus SBMS0 3 DSSR20 (TS60 backup)
150 AH Lifepo4 3P4S 208AH CG2 hybrid system
Boondocking is my game
"If you are not learning, you are dying"
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 1:10 pm Terry, I have far to much in my life than to do anything but laugh off the comments on this forum & opinions being posted, we certainly are all entitled to differ in our opinions & beliefs without being accused of being one sided or anything else.
As posted better to be nice to each other & show some respect, I'm always telling my 4 young my g'sons to be respectful. :D
Sorry Shirley, it wasn't meant as a shot at you for the laughing emojis, I see now why a very well known member of the Carvanner forum threw his hands in the air and walked away after so many yrs when the whole "back room" thing collapsed.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

grizzzman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm
Well, my wife and kids are well. Thanks for your support. Although my profession is considered essential, no shots for me. (yet) I have been from one end of this state to the other end since the start of this mess. Guess I have been lucky :shock: Got the EectroDacus goodies yesterday. CDC here is now recommending "duel" mask's now. Good grief.
Great to hear they have made a recovery. Duel masks .... saw the movie "Duel" quite a few times, that could never be a good thing happening on your face ;)
Keep well ... and at a distance by the sound of things we hear on the news over this side, still a long way to go before this particular pandemic has run its course.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

grizzzman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:10 pm CDC here is now recommending "duel" mask's now. Good grief.
Is that so the masks can fight each other, rather than the virus? :shock:
:? Must be made by Donald T. Inc... 8-)
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Riverlander

Post by Riverlander »

Hi. In SA I wondered if Inverbrackie could be used instead of hotels in the middle of Adelaide but I think it was sold and havn't heard much about it lately. Getting back to the money bit I noticed a couple of coffee/deli shops had a sign in the doorway that they were not accepting cash at the beginning of all of this but are now taking cash again. Don't know why they changed back. Perhaps it was the loss of business as the one across the street was taking cash. The loss of cash would mess up garage sales and the volunteer groups selling raffle tickets in the street and perhaps the snag at Bunnings.
Cheers John
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

The sausage sizzle at Bunnings near IKEA (close to the airport) when we had the run away dog drama, would only take credit card payment ..... cash is actually very dirty and many bank tellers have to wear protective gloves to avoid skin diseases and getting the common cold and flu transferred to them via handling money.

T1 Terry
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

T1 Terry wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 pm The sausage sizzle at Bunnings near IKEA (close to the airport) when we had the run away dog drama, would only take credit card payment ..... cash is actually very dirty and many bank tellers have to wear protective gloves to avoid skin diseases and getting the common cold and flu transferred to them via handling money.

T1 Terry
"tanks" here---T-1,
I don't mind a bit of "dirty money" as long as it is Green.
Keith.

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Keith Morris wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:09 pm
T1 Terry wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:21 pm The sausage sizzle at Bunnings near IKEA (close to the airport) when we had the run away dog drama, would only take credit card payment ..... cash is actually very dirty and many bank tellers have to wear protective gloves to avoid skin diseases and getting the common cold and flu transferred to them via handling money.

T1 Terry
"tanks" here---T-1,
I don't mind a bit of "dirty money" as long as it is Green.
Keith.
Ya can't wash it Keith, money laundering is illegal ya know :lol:

T1 Terry