Money and Self-isolation

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
native pepper

Re: Money and Self-isolation

Post by native pepper »

T1 Terry wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:59 pm
native pepper wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:01 pm All these lock downs could be avoided and life in Aus could go on without trouble, if we had people with brains running the country and states. All they have to do is quarantine people outside population areas in out of the way places far from other people and that would solve the problem instantly. But they are desperate to support their donors and vested interests, so they are willing to jeopardise people health and the economy to support idiocy.

It may cost a lot of money, but this virus won't be the last and as we had isolated quarantine in Aus for generations, why not now. Our leaders have the lowest intelligence in the country and that also goes for all leaders worldwide, but they get elected which shows the mental state of society, stuffed big time.
Maybe starting a post out with "In my opinion" might show these were your thoughts, not an attack on those who had made the hard decisions. Suggesting they were without the brain power to come up with the same ideas as you and then suggesting they were motivated by vested interests doesn't actually help you in your claim to be "non bias" and that you are "only making conversation". In past experience, and this is only my experience so it might not be the same for everyone, to start a conversation with deriving comments and attacking the motives is more aimed at starting an argument rather than a logical discussion ...... just my view on the way this thread went downhill .....
Attack might be the best form of defence, but trying to back pedal and claim it wasn't an attack if it doesn't go the way you wanted, is a political tactic that rarely works, just ask Donald ......

T1 Terry
Thank you, you avoided any form of discussion or the points I made, just attacked me. If you have faith in the approach of the authorities, that's fine, but it goes against the facts. I don't attack people, other than politicians, I deal with the issues and my opinions are based on the viewable facts, not hope, hearsay or fantasy, like politicians base their claims.

I've read on this forum where others have attacked, criticised and denounced politicians and others on other forums, but nothing has been said about those occasions. Pretty hypocritical and biased, just like the shutting down of the other thread because those in power didn't like the discussion and it was a decent discussion, with real knowledge being presented until prejudice entered, which is very revealing. Attacks like, get off the keyboard and do something about it, when that's impossible for the average person to do, is just an underhanded attack.

If we don't complain and point out politicians inadequacies they will continue taking us down the road to disaster after disaster, their only interest is in themselves and their ideologies. If you and others are ok with that, doesn't worry me at all, the rest of the world is playing the same game and the results are as plain as the day is light.

If the fools in power were doing the proper job, there would be no outbreaks, it's that simple and when you look at the known circumstances of the WA and other outbreaks, my observations and opinion are right. Let's hope the WA event is contained quickly as it involves the more deadly UK mutation and my lady is stuck in Sweden with family wanting to get back, so I most certainly want it to go away. I also read today where they are now admitting that the vaccines aren't going to work on the mutations and are not that effective at all and that's not my opinion, but fact you can read on any news site.

I won't annoy you any more, my approach is unwelcome.
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

Just had to have the last word.

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

No you didn't... :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

Now I am asking ever so nicely for everyone to just stop the angst. If you need to say anything specific to another member please have the decency to do it via PM, this just tends to stir things up. If you continue to be naughty I will have to spank your naughty little bottoms. :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Busman

Post by Busman »

Sad so much bile to be contained in one body......................
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Dot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:33 pm If you continue to be naughty I will have to spank your naughty little bottoms. :lol:
Ooh, please, miss. Me first! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Wow what is happening?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Shirley & Bruce.
Dot

Post by Dot »

Greynomad wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:12 pm
Dot wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:33 pm If you continue to be naughty I will have to spank your naughty little bottoms. :lol:
Ooh, please, miss. Me first! :lol: :lol: :lol:
No Ray no spanking for you :lol: :lol:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Shirley wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:18 pm Wow what is happening?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I wish I could laugh it off as well. Sadly, there are members here who don't seem to be able to see when they attack, only when they see something they conceive to be an attack on them. We have had our founding member delete his social account, a thread locked because the unity of the moderator team fell apart, and now a thread being dragged off topic with unsubstantiated claims about vaccines not working and those in the govt make decisions based on hope, hearsay and fantasy ..... I would have argued against that, but then Craig Kelly hit the headlines with his own spray of lunacy ...... so maybe NP is on to something ......
With so much "Alternate facts" material flying around after 4 yrs of Donald, who really knows what is real fact anymore ......
All I know is, when the jab becomes available for me, I'll be rolling the sleeve up first chance I get ...... even if it is only to finally get something from the Govt for free :lol:

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

I think Christmasi Island should have been the first stop for returnees. But no, our fearless marketing manager says no. So we are stuck with what we have.
I will roll my sleeves up for a vaccine too, but I also am concerned that it will not be as effective against the mutations, and the twats who insist its just a flu will ruin herd immunity
Theres a lot of online angst that shows how stressed we are as a group. Be nicer to each other and try showing some respect for other views.
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..