Road side assistance

Anything you like to talk about..Dot is the boss...
Dot

Road side assistance

Post by Dot »

I was told tonight that Ken Tame no longer does the road side assist, I can't find anything about this so can anyone give me any info ? and if so who does do it?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Coolabah1au

Re: Road side assistance

Post by Coolabah1au »

The word is they are trying to find someone else but may take 12 months or more [emoji590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Busman

Post by Busman »

Then why bother, the 30 buks the cmca gets ain't worth theaggro ?
Vanishing Point, almost ready to vanish
Suzuki GV more than ready to go NOW !
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Avida RV Club offers Roadside Assistance to members.
Don’t have to own a Winnebago/Avida, just a manufactured Mh. Won’t cover conversions.
Just a thought.
Might be of interest to some here....
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Greynomad wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:34 pm Avida RV Club offers Roadside Assistance to members.
Don’t have to own a Winnebago/Avida, just a manufactured Mh. Won’t cover conversions.
Just a thought.
Might be of interest to some here....
I didn't realize you were a member of the Avida RV Club, Ray. I have not noticed any improvement in grammar, spelling, or punctuation on that forum. :lol:
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Dot,

You may find that being greater than 9 meters, it will be quite hard to find a company.

The RACs are starting to offer roadside assistance for vehicles up to 9 meters.

jd
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Avida cover Avida motorhomes up to fifteen years old and other brands up to ten years old ,that counts me out :o :P
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

AAMI? But I think their's is only for the first 12 mths. Does the SA motoring mob do road side assist for heavier vehicles that are non commercial? These days, unless it's a tyre change and you have all the gear including a good spare tyre or a flat battery, they load the vehicle up on a flat top or a tow truck and take it to the motor vehicle workshop the roadside assist person gets a kick back from .... that was the way it was with the NRMA when I had the workshop back in Wollongong anyway.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

SteveW wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:53 am I didn't realize you were a member of the Avida RV Club, Ray. I have not noticed any improvement in grammar, spelling, or punctuation on that forum. :lol:
Not on that forum.
You lot keep me busy enough!
:P :P :P
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Dot

Post by Dot »

You’re covered for*
Loss or Damage to the vehicle anywhere in Australia including whilst being transported by sea.
Loss or Damage to all Accessories, Fittings &/or Appliances permanently attached to the vehicle.
Windscreen or Window Glass replacements only cover. Please Note: Imported Vehicles are limited to maximum of $1,000 per event.
Loss or Damage to any Trailer valued up to $1,000.
$2,000 for Loss or Damage to your Basic Personal Belongings kept within the vehicle.
Fusion of electric motors up to 12 years old. If your freezer breaks down as a result of accidental breakdown or failure of the power supply we will cover you for $300.00 in food spoilage.
Third Party Property Damage Liability for $20,000,000.
Personal Bodily and Property Damage Liability for $10,000,000.
24 hour Accident / Breakdown Towing Assistance
Reasonable Towing and Storage costs as a result of an accident or damage to the vehicle
Up to $1,000 per policy period for Mechanical Breakdown Towing Assistance to the closest repairer.
Emergency repairs up to $500.00
Hire of replacement vehicle in the event the vehicle is stolen or severely damaged
Alternative accommodation following an accident, theft or total loss of the vehicle.
Relocation costs to home following a major accident or theft of the vehicle. Relocation costs, including that of the vehicle, to home following the inability to travel due to an unexpected medical emergency or injury.
Specific injury cover whilst attending CMCA function
This was on the Ken Tame site so I guess they are still doing it :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.