A Few Pics Of Our Travels

Photos from get togethers, events or just yourselves.
A short description may help explain the photo.
nut17

A Few Pics Of Our Travels

Post by nut17 »

Relaxing Easter at lake Tutira, near Napier NZ 2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Department of Conservation camp at Kurikaponga between Napier and Taihape NZ

Brisbane Caravan & Motorhome Show - June 2010 where we saw the van we wanted and placed the order when we got home.Image

And it ended up costing close to $NZ 100,000 when we got it delivered here in NZ but it did have a number of extras !!

Cheers Chris
2020 Winnebago ILUKA on IVECO Daily 50 C. 1200 w Solar - 400 AH LiFePO4
3000 w inverter. 195 lt compressor fridge NZMCA # 15589
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: A Few Pics Of Our Travels

Post by T1 Terry »

Great shots, a very green country, gotta get there one day. Love the place names, do they do a special subject at school in getting your tongue around 'em :lol: My wife Margaret is an ex Kiwi so we take the odd putt shot, she reckons listening to the TV news girl rattle off all the names as she's going over the map is well worth the listen. Margaret was from ... I know I'll spell this wrong, Witakeri Village at the end of Anzac Valley Rd.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

T1 Terry wrote:Great shots, a very green country, gotta get there one day. Love the place names, do they do a special subject at school in getting your tongue around 'em :lol: My wife Margaret is an ex Kiwi so we take the odd putt shot, she reckons listening to the TV news girl rattle off all the names as she's going over the map is well worth the listen. Margaret was from ... I know I'll spell this wrong, Witakeri Village at the end of Anzac Valley Rd.

T1 Terry
So she,s a westie then. Thats Waitakere Village and Henderson Valley Road....Unless they,ve changed the name....

(ADMIN: Deleted double post)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I Googled it and it is Anzac Valley Rd, runs off Bethells Rd out of Waitakere, If you follow Anzac Valley rd to the end on Google maps I believe the little lg to the left was the driveway to the farm but I'll need to check that one with Margaret
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
norman
Location: Home Base...Paeroa.NZ OZ Base. Where ever we happen to be.......

Post by norman »

This is just a small group of us having happy hour after a hard days fishing.Phew! Its an 2 night rest stop at what is known as the shell bank. Its proper name is Ray,s Rest and is part of a sea bird sanctuary.
Shell Bank.2012 018.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and remove all doubt....
If at first you dont succeed, Skydiving is not for you.
nut17

Post by nut17 »

Christchurch in June 2012 - Tad on the cold side Brrrrrrrrrr

Marg wasn't to keen to go this way with the van on :lol:

The South Island winter tour was certainly a test for insulation (or lack of) heating systems, battery power and charging, condensation oh and the braking system.

Cheers Chris
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Queenslanders getting cooked in the last couple of days eat your hearts out!!!

Now......... what's better? Hot or cold?

Nice shots Chris!
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

I much prefer the hot, prefer it when the hot to remain in the hot places even better 8-) then you can visit there when it's not so hot :lol: It's a nice comfy 26 deg with a light wind and the sun shining in God's Country at the moment :D
nut17

Post by nut17 »

"Happy Hour" Labour Weekend - October 2012 at our favourite river side camping spot in Hawkes Bay NZ.

Cheers Chris
T1 Terry

Post by T1 Terry »

Looks like the old Black Boy sump oil burner hasn't been used for a while, got rust on it :lol: I had one of those going near 24/7 through winter when I was living/working in Kempton Tas, hand cramping cold there. I would lay the tools out on the concrete around it to let them warm up so I could use them for a while before they got too cold again :twisted:
You all look warm enough there though, especially the brave sol in the shorts :lol: