Guess where?

Photos from get togethers, events or just yourselves.
A short description may help explain the photo.
Dot

Re: Guess where?

Post by Dot »

SteveW wrote:Nothing wrong with SA grass Dot. I grew up on it - we were that poor!
My grass has lots of seed heads on it, is that good grass?? :roll:
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
ALAN 41

Post by ALAN 41 »

Dot wrote:
SteveW wrote:Nothing wrong with SA grass Dot. I grew up on it - we were that poor!
My grass has lots of seed heads on it, is that good grass?? :roll:
The quality is in the smoking Dot. :twisted: :lol: :lol:
RussellB[SA]

Post by RussellB[SA] »

Glenn, he's only had it for 3 weeks, so only minor things, leaking water in to rear bay from show taps is major concern.

As all are aware QC is weak, cupboard doors need adjusting, blinds not install correctly so have creases in fabric when drawn, "spare" screws allover the place.

The Generator bay is not, no slide out and blocks access to rest of bay.

I love the kitchen slide out, hate the table, I think the bed slide out is useless (gotta raise the bed to slide in an out, still has a bolster.) I love the electric awning. :mrgreen:

But its a great vehicle to drive and has all the facilities (luxury) you need.

We like our 2008 better :D
Last edited by RussellB[SA] on Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Russell Barter from South Australia AKA "Death on Wheels"
Mitsubishi Challenger towing a Jurgen 2406 Caravan. Its all about fun with friends travelling our great country.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Couple of things, Russell. You will notice from my little piccie I have the same 2012 model Optimum. While the product is good the Quality Control is not. Just lots of little things that indicate the people assembling these do not care about their employer or the customer. I too have enough screws lying about to build another one.

The bed does not need to be raised to slide in and out - I too was told that by the delivery man but clearly the base has nylon blocks in place as sliders for the bed frame. I think I know why some of the delivery people are saying that. One of the early built ones came out of the factory with a damaged base but, I believe, that bed was dropped onto the base damaging the sliders and that particular bed did not slide in and out easily. Mine slides in and out easily without fuss or damage. I know about that because that particular Optimum was built for me and came with so many faults that it went back to the factory - twice. Eventually it was withdrawn and another one built that came with plenty of blemishes but not as seriously defective as the first one. I believe the first one has been touched up and is now for sale at a dealer in the north.

It is a shame that the quality of the finish is poor because the product, as you know, is good. You would think that, particularly being the flagship of the fleet, it would be delivered in perfect condition.
Steve Williams
http://stevew1945blog.com/

Every absurdity has a champion to defend it.
Oliver Goldsmith. 1728 -1774