"tanks" -- HOW I GOT INTO MOTORHOMING--PART 1

A series of interesting articles about the wonderful life and times of Keith Russell.... in his own distinct terms!!!
.... Onya Keith !!!! ....
Keith Morris

"tanks" -- HOW I GOT INTO MOTORHOMING--PART 1

Post by Keith Morris »

it's still Saturday and here is another General Chit-Chat posting about myself. Get another cuppa and several biscuits and sit back and have a read:-

I was searching through the web and found the Armoured Corps site. I was very new to cyberspace and was thrilled that I had advanced far enough to actually find something on the net following my web search activity. Little did I realise that this would lead to greater things -- I can now do e-mails, forwards, and attachments. I have learnt how to identify "Favourites" which helps me recall frequent sites without having to search the GOOGLE thingo.

I guess that I am more advanced than some of my contemparies as not many of them have yet learnt how to use the "REPLY" tab. I don't think that this is because I am more advanced due to being a Left Handed person, which I am told is a sign of superior intelligence. I know that I am 'Bright' because itonly took me 18 months to learn how to 'attach' a file. I have just accomplished sending a Microsoft Word file over the Internet, but I'm not sure how I did that.

When I was searching thru the Web thing I found the site of the 3rd Cavalry/1st Armoured Regiment Reunion to be held in Fremantle - Year 2002. I checked out the Manning List and found that of the 1,000 plus members who had nominated as attending, there were 92 caravans/motorhomes coming over to Fremantle in two convoys. The convoy was doing a 'round Australia trip in a clockwise direction. The vehicles in the convoys were mainly connected to each other with C.B. radio, using their old army/tank Call-Signs. I recognised several of the names on the listing, and as I had not seen many of these blokes for over 30 years I decided to join-up and attend the Reunion and the Anzac Day Service.

It has been my practice to fly from Perth to Cairns each winter and spend a few months in the tropics to escape the Central Wheatbelt winter when the temperature would drop to around 4 degrees, which was too cold for my brittle bones. Also, my trip to Cairns gave me a good feeling because I got to see a few old "Black Hats" that I had served with during my Armoured Corps days of serving the Queen. We would meet at the Cairns R.S.L. Club for refreshments and sometimes organise a dinner party for the Black Hats in the Dining Room.

Ansett had been good to me over the years and I would be 'Upgraded' to Business Class to take full advantage of my Frequent Flyer points. I had amassed a lot of F.F. points because I used to fly over to Brisbane on the midnight horror from Perth to Brisbane each month to have coffee with my Mum and Siblings who all lived in Moorooka and I knew most of the Gold Wing staff by name due to my Life Membership in the Gold Wing Club.I felt like a bit of a traitor to Ansett when I decided to join the road convoy, but I don't think that my actions caused the collapse of Ansett.

CONTINUED ---SEE PART 2...

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Re: "tanks" -- HOW I GOT INTO MOTORHOMING--PART 1

Post by Dot »

Will you be doing it in weekly postings Keith?
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
Keith Morris

Post by Keith Morris »

"TANKS" here DOT.
Part 2 is released now -- Part 3 is in the Secretary's hands now.
Keith.
How do you want it ???
daily or weekly format .?. Keith

I'm now 85 years of age and living in WA, single (gave up looking), white hair, no teeth, no address, no money, no worries.
Dot

Post by Dot »

WOW :shock: a man that asks :P . What ever you feel comfortable doing is cool.. Can't get RSD in those fingers
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.