In-cab tyre pressure regulation

Please add anything you've come up with to solve a problem in your outfits. eg. holder for remote!, fold up broom!, Dogbox for Hubby, etc Up to 6 images.
Swisslulu

In-cab tyre pressure regulation

Post by Swisslulu »

Does anyone have any experience with this system? It seems to be available for trucks and could be adapted for MHs.

Air Space Cti is what Erich is looking at. We are used to taking our off road caravan into the wild blue yonder with reduced tyre pressure. Not happy being constrained with a motorhome. We have an Iveco based Motorhome which is a truck at heart.
Cheers
Lesley
Our Blog: http://lesleyanderich.wordpress.com
Greynomad

Re: In-cab tyre pressure regulation

Post by Greynomad »

Brucie2 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:00 pm Most of their trucks are 4WD & single on rears.
😳 Are the front ones married? 🙄

... and I’ve tried that position. 🤭😜
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Peter and Sandra

Post by Peter and Sandra »

I owned a Hummer fitted with the internal plumbed version for over ten years and when it was working it was brilliant, as time went on though small leaks appeared leading to flat tyres when you woke of a morning, easily detected before you even got up due to the rooftop tent being on a slope ;-))
Unless you are intending to use it EVERY day like logging trucks and trucks working on soft terrain between stints on the road then I would forget the idea.
Much easier to drop pressures when required and reinflate when necessary especially as most are retired and time really is of little consequence.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
erichaussie

Post by erichaussie »

We like to have tyre monitors on our motorhome and toad. On the rear wheels of the motorhome they are a pain to take off and put back on. There are brackets that hold the valve away from the rim. To get to the screws of the tyre monitor I have to undo the bracket and then put it back again once inflated. For me it is not easy to do that - on one occasion it took me more than half an hour to do one tyre. Doing 4 tyres is a nightmare and would exhaust me.

Of course if anyone has a solution that would allow me to remove the tyre monitor without removing the bracket, that would be the way to go.
erichaussie

Post by erichaussie »

Air-cti does do dual wheels
https://m.facebook.com/AIRCTI/photos/a. ... &source=54
The above is an example of a 6x6 truck.

In regards to air leaks... Air-Cti recommends to turn the hoses of the system to off while not driving. This appears to be a simple toggle on their system.
Peter and Sandra

Post by Peter and Sandra »

Eric you might be able to have a second valve stem fitted to the wheels, I have a second valve in my current wheels for just that reason to avoid having to remove the sensors to adjust tyre pressures. I gave up on internal sensors as the batteries only last a few years and required new sensors as you couldn't replace the batteries.
The Hummer had a master "switch" to isolate either individual, pairs or the lot but the all the bits between the wheels and the valves still had to reliably hold air which as they aged they didn't sometimes.
Oka 4WD camper/motorhome, 1100w solar, 400ah lithium, diesel heating, HWS and cooking
erichaussie

Post by erichaussie »

Any chance of you posting a picture of your wheel/valves? I can't quite picture it. Who did the setup for you? A tyre place?