cheapest MH??

Any caravans, campervans or motorhomes can be placed here with photos.
Mrcoolabah1au

Re: cheapest MH??

Post by Mrcoolabah1au »

Move the dot or commer to left 🤔
Coolabah1au
Wayne nini
BernieQ2

Post by BernieQ2 »

Strange Bruce when I click on your link it tells me I'm not a market place member...but I seen it earlier when on market place ??? on my computer.
Bernie .
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

It tells me that the listing no longer exists. Must have realised the problem and withdrew the ad.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
native pepper

Post by native pepper »

If you want a cheap 11.5m coach to convert, this one would be hard to beat, just drop in a second hand Isuzu and off you go :D

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/beacons ... 1262875321
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Hmmm...
It seems to be missing a few bits... like a steering wheel boss (functional horn?), some dash instruments. Who knows what else could be missing...
Might be more of a task than appears. 😳
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
2foot6

Post by 2foot6 »

Greynomad wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:40 am Hmmm...
It seems to be missing a few bits... like a steering wheel boss (functional horn?), some dash instruments. Who knows what else could be missing...
Might be more of a task than appears. 😳
You forgot to mention a motor and gear box :oops: :lol: :D This could be a project for Terry...A solar powered electric motorhome. :o
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Well, someone thought so anyway, it has sold plastered across the bottom of the description.
The price is understandable, they have stripped what they wanted and didn't want to pay to get it dragged away to the scrape metal dealers. When I bought our big bus, we bought all the bits we wanted from its sister bus (that had the roughest chassis stretch I've ever seen) for $100. Mths later they approached us to see if we wanted all that was remaining saying the $100 bought the whole bus ...... We didn't have anywhere to store it so I knocked it back. A few yrs later I visited the bus yard to ask about another bus they had bought that had the 351 Cleveland, Alison 4 speed and LPG conversion. They still had the bus but had a thing against LPG so repowered it with a new Isuzu. Unfortunately they had virtually given away the Cleveland and LPG set up to clear it out of the other workshop. They offered me that bus and I was very tempted, but still had no where o store it. I mentioned the story about the bus we stripped the bits out of and there were a few grumbles among the group, apparently it had cost them $1,000 to get the remains towed away to the scrap dealer and received $100 for the scrap value ..... so they were looking to give me this other bus so they didn't have to pay another $1,000 to get it towed .... apparently the Isuzu and thrown a rod out the side of the block so they had rescued the 4 sp Alison and planned to scrape the bus .....
If I hadn't been so far through the big bus conversion I probably would have grabbed it, 38 ft and engineered, just needed a motor and transmission that I already had ..... We probably would have been on the road a few yrs after that because I would have given up on the roof raise and rear engine idea, just to get on the road .....

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
jon_d

Post by jon_d »

Terry,
We probably would have been on the road a few yrs after that because I would have given up on the roof raise and rear engine idea, just to get on the road ....
Still not to late to give up the rear engine idea and just get it on the road.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

jon_d wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:20 pm Terry,
We probably would have been on the road a few yrs after that because I would have given up on the roof raise and rear engine idea, just to get on the road ....
Still not to late to give up the rear engine idea and just get it on the road.
That ship sailed long ago, the chassis has already been stretched and the roof raised along with the rear engine, so too late to avoid the engineering headaches.
Still looking at converting it to electric drive and a gen set in the rear as a range extender ..... I have the gen set, an ex Lincoln 400 amp DC diesel welder with the 3 cyl Perkins, so it would just need reconfiguring the excitement side a tad to get the output voltage required .... just depends if the windings could handle a higher voltage but lower current.

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO