Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Drop in and dribble on about nothing serious. Seriously a mad place to hang out. Better to avoid it if you're not in the mood!!! If you're determined to be sad, bad, mad & angry then move along!!!
Greynomad

Re: Nightly Goodnight Everyone

Post by Greynomad »

Clear as mud, Dottie!
:roll:
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dottie, whatever you are on, I want some. ;) ;) ;) Take care xxxx

Nah Ray, mud is much clearer that that crap.

My repaired glass looked great, so I put another load of jewellery in to warm up and then turned yesterday's repair over. The back still has the imprint of the crack, so it will be risky to use it, as it is. Soon, it will have another fry up with extra bits to strengthen the bottom bits. Never a dull moment in glassland.

Our carpet is starting to look a bit worse for the wear. We think it would have been the original carpet for the house, that makes it roughly 30 years old. We have been here 17 years and the carpet wasn't looking new then either. So I went through a lot of the documents that the previous owner left for us. He had all the plans and original contracts from the builder. It was fascinating to read it all again. Sadly that took up way too much of the day, but we will have a floor plan to take to the carpet place, when we get motivated. I think the research was far more interesting than finishing off the sewing. :D

sleep tight vegemites xxx
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Dot

Post by Dot »

Deborah are you going to get carpet again? Looking forward to seeing the problem bowl :lol: Bloods done again today and tomorrow night we get out jabs, pin cushions lately. I can't believe the amount of new houses being built around the area, where are all the people coming from?? Rather cold today so air con has been on since 2pm so I am going to say goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Chuck x :D
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Dot, we have ummed and arred about the carpet, but in reality, the floors are all made from chipboard. So sanding and polishing is not happening. We did that in our last house, and while I loved how it looked,it was cold and noisy. Then we have stairs, that must have carpet on them for safety. I have tripped on them, only once, but the carpet saved me from serious injury. Enjoy the pin cushion effect Dot. xxxx

That b..... plate must be jinxed, or worse, have some air pockets in the glass. It followed the same fault line and both pieces were about an inch apart after firing. I am guessing some kind of major blast from the airbubble trapped inside. :lol: May re-fire again soon-ish.

It's too cold to sit around here all night, when I have a warmed bed to get to,
so night all xxx
Deborah

Chuck

Post by Chuck »

'Nite Dot.

Mornin' Dot...

xx
Chuck & Catriana
aka Geriatric Gypsies.

2018 VW Tiguan.
White.
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Hey Dot, hope you are not having any nasty reactions to the jab xxxx

Well, the jinxed piece is still having another warm up. My f**kbook glass forums are now full of artists complaining about similar issues when black n white glass are put next to each other. Apparently the manufacturers have changed some of their glass recipes and forgot to tell the users about it. Some of the glass has started to be made in Mexico instead of USA, so I just use it and hope like crazy that it will work.

You will get your photo of it, if it ever works out to my satisfaction.

It is now 12 degrees here, so I am back to that toasty bed.
night all xxx
Deborah

Dot

Post by Dot »

We had our jabs tonight and next one in 3 mths. The outside temp was 8 degs but it was crisp and quite nice but nicer inside. The fence at the block is all finished. Next door's bricks arrived today, think they may need a crane to get the timber in without going through our place. . G went to the dentist this morning, had a filling and goes back in a couple of weeks I see the oncologist next Monday and I have a sneaky feeling there will be something to discus ?? Deborah it will be interesting to see the difficult glass you have been battling with. Brian sees his fav vet next Tues to have his ears teeth and sneezing looked at again. $0 cost, my pussy is insured :lol: Had to go searching for G's pajamas ready for his hosp stay, they were out in the bus :roll: Time to toddle off to bed now so Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Bobk x :D (are you home yet?)
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
RobertNotBob

Post by RobertNotBob »

Goodnight all sleep well cheers Robert
Dot

Post by Dot »

Goodnight one and all I'm knackered. Goodnight everyone x :D Goodnight Robert not Bob x :D
dream4red

Post by dream4red »

Have fun at the vet with Brian. FIngers crossed for the onc visit xxxx

Finally, I can show you what the fuss has been about. After 15 hours firing in the kiln the piece did settle down. Not happy that the only way to get it all to stay together was to add all the scribbly bits that make it look like it has an autograph on it. one pic in the kiln and one out of it.
IMG_1933.JPG
IMG_1934.JPG
Spent a bit of time cutting more black n white plates. Will start to fire them up soon. I like to do the first firing to make them flat in a few sessions and then several of them will have another time in the kiln to turn them into plates or bowls. Today's number is looking like it will become a bowl. It is waiting for me to get the other flat plates done before it has a turn in the kiln again.

Those warmed sheets are looking good,
so nighty night all xxx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Deborah