back again

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Re: back again

Post by T1 Terry »

I was green before and now I'm red, maybe there are other colours available and we can mix and match. who woulda thunk it, T1 a red man........Not to sure about this red man caper, who do I stir the crap out of now? ;) not that I ever did stuff like that mind you :D

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

T1 Terry wrote:I was green before and now I'm red, maybe there are other colours available and we can mix and match. who woulda thunk it, T1 a red man........Not to sure about this red man caper, who do I stir the crap out of now? ;) not that I ever did stuff like that mind you :D

T1 Terry
Us mere mortals of course!!!
Would it be worth hiking the lithium forum over here, maybe making it closed so its not available for the general public?
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Funny you should say that because I was thinking that there are a lot of people starting to seriously think about going over to lithium now that more & more are talking about it.
I don't think it'd need to be a closed section though because if it was a dedicated one to just that subject then any questions would probably be genuine ones.
Up to T1 .... may be better to wait & see how this forum goes first?
BruceS
Mannum, SA

T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

Nah, it's a totally different format and set up completely different as well. It's not designed as a read through information type affair, it's designed for the step by step process involved in setting up and monitoring the lithium ferrous battery pack to ensure the extremely long life and just what to expect to see, that one catches most new members out, 100 amps going into a battery for hrs and the voltage doesn't rise would mean something was very wrong in a lead acid battery but it's just normal for lithium ferrous batteries. Took me quite a while to accept it was normal, even a few weeks ago when the 2/0AWG heavy duty truck jumper leads were smoking I thought there was a short circuit so I took it off, had to use the shirt as the clamp was so hot to touch, within minutes the 8AWG cable still on the solar link bubbled into a melted mess but I still hadn't found the short and the battery voltage was still 13.2v. Put the jumper lead back with the clamp meter around it, 273 amps, the battery was still showing only 13.3v, decided the 5 cell battery dumping into the 4 cell battery was not going to be a success :lol: The 2 batteries can handle it but there just isn't big enough relays and cables available in 12v at a realistic price that don't require priming first.
All those sitting back in their chairs with their eyes rolled back will now understand why the 2 forum are worlds apart :lol:
Once you actually have the cells sitting in front of you and follow the steps given it’s quite easy to do, all the excitement is in the first setting up bit, they don’t do anything after that so they become quite boring, most members go looking for something to plug into them just to see the numbers change, a whole world away from watching the battery voltages over night hoping the fridge will run till morning 8-)

T1 Terry
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO
dapope

Post by dapope »

Cannot wait to get the swagman kitted up, probably be after Xmas now cause the house sale is delayed 2 weeks, but I can manage :) hoping the current charger will do the job, its all managed from just behind the drivers seat running 2 x 120 ah full rivers that i got 2nd hand before we left, they are doing fine. only things I cannot run off current setup is the microwave and the aircon, but the built in genny covers that :)
Wobblybox on wheels
Pace Arrow. La de da, property in two continents..