toll nsw

This section is for any articles of news that you come across that are of interest to other members. Please write a short description and then provide a link to the relevent website of the item. Please be aware that sometimes the website showing the details may be removed. If you later on find the link not working, please advise a Mod so it can be removed.
Dot

toll nsw

Post by Dot »

[attachment=0]toll.jpg[/attachment
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Queen of the Banal & OT chatter and proud of it. If it offends you then tough titty titty bang bang.
dream4red

Re: toll nsw

Post by dream4red »

There are so many ways that they don't refund the toll. A lot of fine print to find out how to register your vehicles as an rv. Maybe it can be done, I have given up trying to follow their rules and regulations. I think the truck is now listed as an rv, but we wont be taking the van on their tollways to find out, if we can help it.
Deborah

Just get out there and enjoy life
Newcastle George

Post by Newcastle George »

I recently, by mistake, took the Northconnex - M2 - M7 tollways while heading south at a cost of $64.61. :evil:

George
George, Julie, Leonie & Sean - Kotara, Newcastle
DIY 11.5M 1979 Bedford, Nissan/UD FE6T motor
supersparky

Post by supersparky »

I think that the NSW toll roads are great, for us once a year visitors. But I would hate to live there and do the 'avoid tolls thing' constantly.
Motorhomes over a certain height get charged the same as trucks anyway, don't they.
And they reckon the Qld gubment is a bunch of shonks...
Yes, I know it is all done by a private company, but the gubment passed the legislation to allow it, in the first place.
Cheers
David

David and Terrie with Bandit the travelling companion
2006 Winnebago Alpine
Recently retired and loving it.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

And in Victoria, the toll road operators say there’s no such thing as a privately owned heavy vehicle.
Our 8t Winnie is charged as a “commercial heavy vehicle”.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
Good thing we no longer live in Melbourne.
Have avoided Sydney & Brisbane for years — well before becoming motorhomers. :D
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

Sydney tolls ... To me a disgusting filthy pair of words and a group of slimy money grubs.
When we were on our way south through Sydney about 4 years ago I took the tollways as a quicker way through the crowds.
The next day I contacted the toll companies to pay my dues.
I wasn't registered they said No record of me going through, I tried again and again for the next week with the same answers, No Record of your vehicle.
By this time I was out of contact near the Vic Border, so no further tries.
So imagine my disgust when I got back home to WA a few months later and found a fine for non-payment of the tollways, as well as the tolls.
With no appeal, as I hadn't recorded my tries to pay them.

That finished NSW and especially Sydney for me, for ever . I insist my brother who lives in the Sydney area comes and visits me, cos I won't go there.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.
Greynomad

Post by Greynomad »

Ron,
“No record” is a load of b***sh!t!!
If they had no record of you using the tollway, how did they know to fine you??

Every vehicle which passes under the toll sensors will be recorded. If they have a tag, it’s on their bill. No tag and the vehicle is photographed.
They trace you through your number plate.

And I’m sure all phone calls are recorded in case you make ugly threats or such like. So they WOULD have records of your attempts to pay.

You should have taken the matter further. An FOI request would have been my first step.

May be a bit late now… depending on how many years they keep their records. I know tax records have to be held for seven years. Not sure about billing records.

On our recent trip north we used the Sydney tollways but as our tag hasn’t been used for eight years, it didn’t beep. Flat battery. We were stung 75c x 5 for “no tag” trips, on top of the toll charges.

When I phoned the office I quoted my tag number. I was told to return the tag and they would refund the extra charges and replace the tag. Got a Return Postage Paid envelope in the mail, and once they had it in their hot little hands the refund came through in seven days.
Regards & God bless,
Ray
--
"Insufficient data for a meaningful answer."
Isaac Asimov, "The Last Question"

"I refuse to drink water, because of the disgusting things fish do in it"
W.C.Fields
Noggins

Post by Noggins »

I was using the internet to make enquiries, not the phone.
I even went as far as logging in.
As I wrote, SYDNEY , NO WAY, and I used to actually like the place , Once !

Now I live in Mandurah WA
So far, there's no tollways, as the present Gov't isn't into selling the people funded roadways yet.

Ron
Much that passes as idealism is disguised hatred or disguised love of power.

Ignorance is Liberating
You're not restricted by facts or knowledge.
You're a Free Person and, as such, able to form your own conclusions.