hi there from Esme

Please introduce yourself here. Tell us a little about yourself but, please, no long conversations here.
madiesmum

Re: hi there from Esme

Post by madiesmum »

Dot wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if Maddie gets to carry the old girl to bed these days :lol: :lol: :lol: (JOKE)
only day she is still up later than me is Fridays for homes and gardens lol
love anne-marie xx
hino am100 - big red bus
'unfortunately the unexpected is not predictable'
http://annemariebuttigieg.myneways.com. ... /Home.aspx
"Do the best you can, until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.!"
esros

Post by esros »

hi Craig - yes - when I was in Canberra and got Mazda to do a service on the vehicle, they quoted $2000 plus labour to fix the exhaust brakes -so I said 'forget it' (well - NOT QUITE!!! :evil: ) so came back to Bundy and they fixed it - needed a couple of switches etc. for under $500 - it took them ages as they had to get a plan from somewhere - it actually had 5 switches I think they said!!!
So - some months later, I got a satisfaction survey from Mazda in Canberra so I let them have it!!! Next thing, I got 2 letters from them from 2 different people in the same place apologising and one even sent me a GIFT VOUCHER!!! I had to think very carefully HOW I was going to spend my money!!!! Finally, after a few months, I actually did spend my $15 voucher - that is FIFTEEN DOLLARS!!!! :lol:
Esme
Craig

Post by Craig »

I may have to visit your mechanic ;) , I still have an intermittent problem with mine. Just when I think I have sorted it, it plays up again :evil: .

Craig
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
BruceS
Site Admin

Post by BruceS »

Craig does your manual rev adjuster effect them? If it's set a weeny bit high they won't work on most vehicles.
BruceS
Mannum, SA

Craig

Post by Craig »

hi Bruce,

if only it was that simple :( .
Full time on the road in an Alpine 2855
T1 Terry
Location: Mannum South Australia by the beautiful Murray River

Post by T1 Terry »

I think mine is a problem in the alternator wiring some where, the alternator and exhaust brake both die together. If I can't find it this time I'm rerouting the wiring to the headlight flasher, disconnect the headlight flash and connect the exhaust brake soleniod wire. It seems to know just when you will need it the most, then it drops it's bundle, Maquarie Pass is it's favourite place to just stop working. The brakes are very smelly by the bottom without the exhaust brake.
A person may fail many times, they only become a failure when they blame someone else John Burrows
If we have data, let’s look at data. If all we have are opinions, let’s go with mine. – Jim Barksdale, former Netscape CEO